Dt-770 Amp
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gekkk

New Head-Fier
So I think I'm going to end up buying the dt-770 as my first nice set of headphones :). I'm going to be using them to listen to hip-hop, rap, rock, metal, dub-step, a heap of stuff as well as gaming. Due to the fact that they will also be used for gaming I am thinking of going with the mixamp from astro due to the surround sound which is needed for location in gaming. I'm just wondering if the mixamp is good for using with music? or are they purely for gaming and offer little for music? All gaming/music will be done through my bootcamped Macbook Pro.

Any help would be great :D, thanks.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #5 of 7
the thing is.. most music headphones are tuned for 2.0 audio... meaning that they only have 2 drivers. So I dont think surround sound mixamp would do you any good whether its 5.1 or 7.1. DT770 already has a good soundstage for gaming and the positioning is not bad at all.

Surround sound on headphones is just gimmick. just my 2 cents

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
the thing is.. most music headphones are tuned for 2.0 audio... meaning that they only have 2 drivers. So I dont think surround sound mixamp would do you any good whether its 5.1 or 7.1. DT770 already has a good soundstage for gaming and the positioning is not bad at all.

Surround sound on headphones is just gimmick. just my 2 cents

You don't think the surround sound will help with rear and vertical positioning? In either case what is a good amp to use with my Macbook Pro? e7? e9? Will I even need one with these phones?

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
You don't think the surround sound will help with rear and vertical positioning? In either case what is a good amp to use with my Macbook Pro? e7? e9? Will I even need one with these phones?

As long as you not using the mic function on the Mix-amp. DT770 Pro 250-ohm well work with the Mix-amp.
Will the Mac OS work with the Dolby Headphone surround sound on the Mi-x-amp. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back