dt 770 80 ohm sub bass sibilance?
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

niv141

New Head-Fier
I just got these.. overall they sound aweseome, but the reason I got them was for the bass they were bragging on.
the sub bass is just awful, its like "prrrprr".. I dont if its supposed to be like that but my last pair was akg k518 which had better sounding sub bass than these.
might be defective? or do I need to burn it in for a bit?
im using fiio e11 and galaxy s3

the sub bass just sounds so cheap.. maybe fake? although I googled it and didn't find people complaining about fake beyers
edit: I doubt they are fake cus the.highs and mids are probably the best ive ever heard.. so do u guys think?

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 9
I just got these.. overall they sound aweseome, but the reason I got them was for the bass they were bragging on.
the sub bass is just awful, its like "prrrprr".. I don't if its supposed to be like that but my last pair was AKG k518 which had better sounding sub bass than these.
might be defective? or do I need to burn it in for a bit?
I'm using Fiio E11 and galaxy s3

The sub bass just sounds so cheap.. maybe fake? although I googled it and didn't find people complaining about fake beyers
edit: I doubt they are fake cus the.highs and mids are probably the best I've ever heard.. so do u guys think?

Poor bass quality can happen if the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm are not being given enough juice.
Inside the E11 under the battery, there is a voltage switch, set it for Hi voltage.
Also on the outside of the E11 is a gain setting, set it to Hi also.

The 32-Ohm AKG K518 would have worked fine with both the voltage and gain set to low.

When using the E11 with the Galaxy S3, it might work better if you up the volume, as high as possible, on the Galaxy S3 and use the E11 volume knob to control volume.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Poor bass quality can happen if the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm are not being given enough juice.
Inside the E11 under the battery, there is a voltage switch, set it for Hi voltage.
Also on the outside of the E11 is a gain setting, set it to Hi also.

The 32-Ohm AKG K518 would have worked fine with both the voltage and gain set to low.

When using the E11 with the Galaxy S3, it might work better if you up the volume, as high as possible, on the Galaxy S3 and use the E11 volume knob to control volume.

the switch is already sat on Hi power. and when I try putting the volume on the s3 up to 100% it completely ruins the sound ( even if the amp volume is at 1)

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 9
the switch is already sat on Hi power. and when I try putting the volume on the s3 up to 100% it completely ruins the sound ( even if the amp volume is at 1)

You do not have to set the S3's volume to max, just try to set it as high a possible,
maybe 75% would work?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 9
yes 75 works the best but I still dont get that sub bass I was expecting.
at what level should the eq bass boost be on the e11? level 1 sounds the best and at level 2 the sub bass is pretty messed up. is that supposed to be that way?

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 9
yes 75 works the best but I still dont get that sub bass I was expecting.
at what level should the eq bass boost be on the e11? level 1 sounds the best and at level 2 the sub bass is pretty messed up. is that supposed to be that way?

Yeah, I think 1 setting on E11 gives the best bass on the DT770. 2 starts to get muddy.

Maybe burn-in should also help in your case. It did in mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back