DT-250 for $27.80 ?
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #47 of 77
  LOL you guys are funny. Asking for credits etc just for a major pricing mistake. Why on earth would you even expect to get a $200 headphone for $30.

Then this thing about how it was "stuck" in Amazon's purchase list. It's not like they charged you for it if it was not in stock.

I bet when someone drops their wallet you ask them for a finders fee
biggrin.gif

Good work - your comment is almost as annoying as amazon's actions! 
rolleyes.gif

As I mentioned earlier, what annoys me is that they took 2 weeks to cancel it. They should have done it within a few days. And during those 2 weeks they changed the shipping status (after a week) from "we'll notify you when we have an estimated delivery date" to then actually providing an estimated delivery date. What? At first I didn't expect to be getting them, but when they provided an estimated shipping date and left it at that for so long, it got my hopes unnecessarily up. And, some people are actually getting them - wow, what consistency! So it's just an irritating experience. I don't expect amazon to never make a pricing mistake, but I do expect them to correct them in a more timely manner (and maybe show a bit more consistency - ie we should ALL be getting them! :)

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #48 of 77
I tried to get them to offer me a 50% discount on the HD650 instead.  Didn't work 
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #49 of 77
I don't know what to tell you guys... You're doing it wrong....

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #50 of 77
Oct 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #51 of 77
The CS rep I spoke with offered a different solution, hopefully with the same end result.  We'll see if it works out.  Interested in impressions from those of you who have already received these.  Have bought a few HPs on the cheap in the past month or so, sorting through them to see which end up as keepers, but could not pass up M-80 for $30 and the UE6000 for $85. Or these for under $30...

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #52 of 77
Guys, be persistent but don't be aggressive with the CSR.  My CSR went from not honouring the price to giving me 50% off these DT250, and then finally talked to her supervisor and approved the original price.

Good luck!

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #54 of 77
Going to get mine after calling the csr. Instead of honoring the original price, they gave me an offer i can't refuse. Not bad a deal.  Waiting for it to arrive next Monday. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #56 of 77
Awesome! Did you have to speak with them?

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #57 of 77
I no longer see amazon offering them for ~ $30, I guess they corrected the mistake. My original DT250 failed in less than 3 months, would have been great to get a replacement at such prices. Now that the ridiculous pricing in amazon is no longer available, what are some other good places to get a new pair ?

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #58 of 77
I no longer see amazon offering them for ~ $30, I guess they corrected the mistake. My original DT250 failed in less than 3 months, would have been great to get a replacement at such prices. Now that the ridiculous pricing in amazon is no longer available, what are some other good places to get a new pair ?

Pro audio star can take an offer of 135 for dt250.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #60 of 77
I've been a prime member for years, and I've been denied by multiple representatives. 

I'll just drop it. Don't know if it would "sound" as good knowing I had haggled it for a price I knew I shouldn't have gotten it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back