DSD for DX 50?
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 10
It's ok guys I jsut tried it myself with two country songs as DSF files not sure if they are both the same but it sounded bloody awesome to my ears, holy crap it's so realistic too bad it takes up too much space :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 10
what are DSF files?

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 10
DSD or Direct Stream Digital is a one bit recording format.  DSF and DFF are 'kinds' of audio files that are delivered as downloads or read by software for playback. 

DSF has the ability to hold metadata and DFF doesn't, however, some players only read DFF files.

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 10
Great. I look forward to more impressions!

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 10
  Great. I look forward to more impressions!

Forget about the DSD files I just listened to flac from the ripped SACD of DSoTM and it's magnificent when I compared it to a redbook flac it makes it sound like a 128kb mp3, SACD is so dynamic and the redbook one sounds like it's flat and uncontrolled. 

Too bad I can't play it through my DX50 which has a way better DAC and AMP compared to my PC setup but it's worth it just can't wait to upgrade the DAC on my PC once I have the money.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 10
Pardon me? Why can't you play the SACD rip on your DX50? My Flac rip of DSofTM SACD plays perfectly on my DX50, although clearly in Stereo only. Haven't tried the digital out though.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 10
Pardon me? Why can't you play the SACD rip on your DX50? My Flac rip of DSofTM SACD plays perfectly on my DX50, although clearly in Stereo only. Haven't tried the digital out though.

I believe you're playing the redbook version of the flac files of DSofTM  and not the real 6 channels true ripped from SACD, when i play the files on my Dx50 it just doesn't play at all even though it detect it as FLAC. Also I have read somewhere that there's currently no portable player which can play SACD files. Personally I use foobar2000 and u can tell it's real 6 channels because it's stated in the settings and you see 6 channel waves.

You can check if you're is real SACD or redbook by the size as well e.g "Speak To Me" is about 45mb 

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Sounds like you are talking about the surround sound mix. Is there really no 2 channel hi-def rip you can do from the SACD? That is rather disappointing if so. Anyway, the patent expires on SACD stuff soon, which should open up ripping on computer, rather than only being able to rip using a very specific PS3 with a very specific firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back