ds lite games ne1?
Mar 26, 2008 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Headphoneus Supremus
just picked up a pick coral ds lite for the little girls..6 and 3...
i got nintendogs which the girls love...and the new mario brothers which is alot of fun for pops and the girls..
what are some other games which are good for the ds that you have ACTUALLY played and recommend? at 35 bucks a pop i dont feel like experimenting. thanks in advance...
some games i am thinking about are
mario kart
any other of the mario games
zelda

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 20
Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing DS for sure...

Perhaps Brain Age (1, 2) is cool too...

And if you like, Advance Wars is well worth checking out for yourself!

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't recommend any games but get over to your local GameStop/EB Games and get some used games. They are usually 10-20 instead of 35.

ha..whatever man..i bought this from gamestop to support the local gaming business however the local gamestop/eb sells used games for 30 bucks with no original packaging and manual for a lousy 5 bucks less than new...ridiculous..
the only games that are 10 bucks are like madden "92 and nhl hockey games...blah
but thanks for the suggestion

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing DS for sure...

Perhaps Brain Age (1, 2) is cool too...

And if you like, Advance Wars is well worth checking out for yourself!

i read a little about animal crossing..is it safe from "predators?" not sure if i want my 6 yo talking with strangers unless i am misunderstanding the concept.
thanks

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i read a little about animal crossing..is it safe from "predators?" not sure if i want my 6 yo talking with strangers unless i am misunderstanding the concept.
thanks

You can't visit other towns or interact with anybody human without them obtaining your "Friend Code" first, and vice-versa. So it's completely safe; you can have a blast just playing solo and chatting with the town animals.
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #7 of 20
I've thoroughly enjoyed playing Cooking Mama (1&2) for DS. +Another vote for Brain Age, too!

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 20
If you feel like being a pirate, you could get an R4DS or other Flash1 card then just download ROMS. I DO NOT CONDONE THIS! IT IS ILLEGAL! BAD BAD BAD
frown.gif

... But it's a lot cheaper.
biggrin.gif
The ROMS are really small too... Smallest one I've seen is like 3mb, biggest is 120mb.

As for games, I've really been enjoying:

Chibi Robo Park Patrol - Has a few annoying quirks, but mostly it's pure fun and addiction!

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - Really really cool! Awesome cell shaded graphics, the fun of raising a monster to battle

Kirby Canvas Curse - Completely uses the touch screen, no buttons. Really inventive and a fun platformer.

Orcs and Elves - Classic dungeon trawling. Addictive.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Fun, makes you feel smart.

Trauma Center Under the Knife - Really really hard but fun. Also makes you feel smart. Rewarding.

Metroid Prime Hunters - Good if you like the FPS sort of thing. Really fun.

I love my DS lite alot more than my PSP because of all the great games and their easy acquirabillity.

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #11 of 20
Puzzle Quest is indeed unbelievable. Only played it on XBLA however.

Personally, I'm thinking Harvest Moon, Wario Ware and the Brain Games. Fun for you and the kids, with great longevity/replayability.

For yourself, Advance Wars and Castlevania are likely to be sure bets.

Oh, and if you like old-school games and their synonymous challenge, I would highly recommend the Mega Man Zero series (GB Advance).

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #12 of 20
Brain Age
Mario Kart
Diner Dash
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series
Cooking Mama
Meteos
Tetris DS
Feel the magic xxyy
Warioware touched
Osu Tatakae Ouendan, this Japanese ver. is a lot funnier than the americanized one.

Btw, get another ds lite for yourself, Ds lite made time wasted in waiting for appointment/flight/etc less frustrating.

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 20
Teenage Zombies is coming out next month and looks pretty good to pick up for yourself. Don't forget Contra 4 or advance wars as well. as for your youngin's some good games for them are prob:

Super Princess Peach (you really have to try to die in that game, and its an easy platformer. also, you play as peach)

Mario Kart DS (its mario kart, nuff said)

New Super Mario Bros.

Cooking mama 1&2 (easy to pick up and fun)

trauma center (if you can still find it.)

Tetris DS (its tetris!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back