Drove over my ER-6i!!!!! What to get now?
Oct 26, 2011 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PaganRuler

New Head-Fier
Hi, my ER-6i's fell out of my car, got run over and then rained on. After a drying out they worked but weren't quite as good as they used to be.

What is my best alternative now as I see the Etymotic range is named quite differently. I really liked the foam tips they had.

I'm looking at a sub £100 price range.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 4
The Etymotic HF5 are highely recommended, RE0(highely recommended), EX600, PFE112, DBA-02, X5, ER4P(highely recommended).

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 4

Check out of Etymotic's out of warranty option: http://www.etymotic.com/cs/outwarranty.html
Those are some sweet prices on a quality iem if you have a broken pair of ER6i laying around! :)
Quote:
Hi, my ER-6i's fell out of my car, got run over and then rained on. After a drying out they worked but weren't quite as good as they used to be.

What is my best alternative now as I see the Etymotic range is named quite differently. I really liked the foam tips they had.

I'm looking at a sub £100 price range.

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi guys. Thanks for the info. I'll probably be tending towards the hf5, RE0, or the PFE112 (I assume the PFE111 are just the same but white?).

Is it only the hf5's that will come with foam tips as they were by far my favourite fit? The only thing I hated about my ER6i were the cable noise.

I'm guessing the Beats headphones are frowned upon here???

And as for the out of warranty service, I wish I'd known that a month or so ago before I'd binned them. Grrr. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back