Dropped my SR-71, this morning...
May 26, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24

ability to remain functional while submerged under water (bhd812 may you do the honors? please record your sr-71 under jacuzzi water in inches, not meters please)

COnsider it done....

I really wanna shoot it though. hey Ryan can you get some Dynamite?
dude lets blow it up!!!!

come on we will do it in la grange tomorrow?

then we will stop by rays house for warranty repair..lol lol lol

May 26, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
COnsider it done....

I really wanna shoot it though. hey Ryan can you get some Dynamite?
dude lets blow it up!!!!

come on we will do it in la grange tomorrow?

then we will stop by rays house for warranty repair..lol lol lol

Cool...before i leave school i will stop by the chemistry department and get some materials - hmmm, let me think, i believe i need to get some hydrogen sulfate and we should be set!

Rickster, i am going to try and get my hands on an EMP device and blast the sr-71 with it, proving to you that it CAN withstand nuclear fallout!

Sorry Billy about the sr-71, sorry Ray about the repairs lol

May 26, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

i still want to test nuclear fallout, sorry rickster i bet i'll get at least one channel to still work

i know that would be cool but the Electromagnetic Pulse would take out all chips unless specially shielded to resist so any "silicon based" electronic device not specifically protected is toast.

A battery operated tube amp would truck on as if nothing happened and is why our strategic bombers use tubes in the electronics (at least they did,maybe something new now)

But if you wanted the "nuclear war" proof version i am sure Ray could whip something up for you ! won't be cheap but at least you would have music while everything turned to crap.
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Throw in some serious beveridges,a few cuties,a couple of good CDs and yeah,I think I could ride that one out.............
cool.gif

May 26, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Throw in some serious beveridges,a few cuties,a couple of good CDs and yeah,I think I could ride that one out.............
cool.gif

The CD player would be toast from the EMP too and you will have a fun time building one of those without silicon. Time to enjoy the vinyl.

May 26, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

I always wanted to shoot the sr-71 with a low powered gun and post the video on headfi....

I got a sr-71 free this fall if anyone has a gun and a digi-cam....

/me raises hand.

Eh, wouldn't be too exciting I guess. I would think that the case would be able to stop a .22 but any thirty caliber should go straight through. With the SR-71, everything's pretty much mounted to the board and you'd be surprised at how attached surface mounted parts are. If you take any circuit that's all surface mounted and slap into a heavy duty metal case you're going to have a really durable piece of equipment.

May 26, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #23 of 36
Dude, did you hear about that one sr-71 that saved a family, three babies and a puppy from a fire in a collapsing building? yup, true story, and the sr-71 did it with only one of its battery compartment screws to boot.

May 26, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Eh, wouldn't be too exciting I guess. I would think that the case would be able to stop a .22

not if you hit it in the heart !

....err...um........I mean....uh......the headphone jack
cool.gif

where is my Marlin .22 Mag dammit !

May 26, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Dude, did you hear about that one sr-71 that saved a family, three babies and a puppy from a fire in a collapsing building? yup, true story, and the sr-71 did it with only one of its battery compartment screws to boot.

sr-71-8.jpg

May 27, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
/me raises hand.

Eh, wouldn't be too exciting I guess. I would think that the case would be able to stop a .22 but any thirty caliber should go straight through. With the SR-71, everything's pretty much mounted to the board and you'd be surprised at how attached surface mounted parts are. If you take any circuit that's all surface mounted and slap into a heavy duty metal case you're going to have a really durable piece of equipment.

so does this mean you cAN get a gun and digicam this weekend or not?

lol

May 27, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

so does this mean you cAN get a gun and digicam this weekend or not?

lol

Hey if you want to film the hit, its gonna cost you extra man, but I'll still take the job.

May 27, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Hey if you want to film the hit, its gonna cost you extra man, but I'll still take the job.

come on..I am giving up a $400 amp!

all in the name of research.

now all we need is a person that knows how to safely handle a gun..

hey since I would need safety goggles for this I can wear my froggy goggles..yayyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back