Drop + Ultrasone Signature X Headphones Discussion
Sep 18, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #348 of 390
It's too hard to answer because my two s-logic 3 headphones (natural and X) sound different from each other. I think the S-logic work really well with any of them for my ears. You saw how many models I've owned - all the Ultrasones have really great imaging for me.

The pro-line with the circular cups like 750 sounds very directional - the edition 8 did as well and so do these and the 780 does it too. I think the main thing they do in all the models with their headphones is angle the driver against your ear in their calculated formula so they all share similar imaging characteristics.

I even tried the funnel s-logic before (Edition 5 and Edition 8EX) and they did also sound directional but not a jump to me. I think it's more about that angled driver than the various additional things they use like that little additional piece for S-logic 3.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #349 of 390
It's too hard to answer because my two s-logic 3 headphones (natural and X) sound different from each other. I think the S-logic work really well with any of them for my ears. You saw how many models I've owned - all the Ultrasones have really great imaging for me.

The pro-line with the circular cups like 750 sounds very directional - the edition 8 did as well and so do these and the 780 does it well too. I think the main thing they do in all the models with their headphones is angle the driver against your ear in their calculated formula so they all share similar imaging properties.
I think it sounds like it emphasizes the s of the signature sound and unique value when it sounds not like the other brands

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #350 of 390
Yeah - well they're doing something special because it works! No other closed backs have such great imaging and directionality to the sound for me. Stuff floats behind, in front, to the sides - in unique ways with them. It's very unique to experience in a closed back like these.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #352 of 390
Nope, they're not very power hungry. That's actually something I really like about them, I can enjoy them straight out my laptop.

Not that they can't be improved - but it's up to you how to run them.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #356 of 390
If your source is coming from a laptop, phone, or tablet, your gonna need an AMP. My S.M.S.L SP200 outputs 3-watts per channel into 32-OHMS. With the volume cranked up to 50% in high gain, the AMP really opens up my Ultrasone Signature X's, and makes them come alive, where they love to thrive. My JVC SZ1000's and Vmoda Crossfade LP2's, can't even compare to what my Ultrasone Signature X's are capable of. I would never use a reference neutral sounding studio can, boring! I get it, you need those types of can's if your mixing. But I am not an audio engineer, I don't work in a studio, I don't need that level of sound replication. I want something that is fun, something that makes me pop a nut, and thats what the Sig X's do for me.

I think everybody owes it to themselves to try these can's out, trust me when I say, they will rock your world. They will literally take you for the ride of your life. If sweet Mysty were to wear these, oh ya they will pop her cherry for sure! Are you not a morning person when you first wake up? Yeah well, throw these babies on, they will wake your a** up. I also agree with other's comments in regards to the Sig X's capabilities in both SLAM, IMAGING, DEEP BASE, PUNCHY BASS, the Sig X's have got it all. So, are you folks still on the fence, while the barbed wire is tearing up your pants and making you bleed? Why not get off the fence then, save what dignity you have left, and buy a pair of Sig X's, connect them to a desktop AMP that can really throw the power at them, and enjoy life, while these take you on an adventure to absolute pleasure.

:L3000:

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #358 of 390
How the amp opens up the headphones? I'm which way or how they start to sound
And how the low end punch factor compared to the rest you tried
Tx

Louder...Punchier...Harder Slam...Goes Deeper... Dynamic Imaging Improvement...THX Quiet Noise Floor...Better Sounding Acoustics & Vocals

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #359 of 390
1000000255.png

Anyone tried Equalizer by Japp?
If you set loudness to 100 percent and increase bass frequency it gives a vibrating sound, try it with your X and play with it
Only thing I wished was if it was 20 band EQ
The loudness and bass of this specific EQ makes my vmoda ear pads vibrate around my ear and makes drums hit harder, I recommend it cuz other EQ apps didn't give this result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back