DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Oct 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #529 of 767
My July order is supposed to arrive tomorrow wish me luck that I don't have to send it back...
Why do you think there may be a possibility of sending it back?!

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #531 of 767
There are a number of issue that have been facing this Headphones I just hope mine are from a good batch
Hmmm..... I have been following this thread from the beginning, and do not remember reading about any issues... Were the issues posted here on this thread, or elsewhere?
I am still waiting for MY pair (original Aug. delivery).

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #533 of 767
Here's an example from drop:

OCT 21, 2020

My THX Pandas arrived today, and it sounds like I am having the same issues with everyone here, if not more: Firstly, the sound quality is an amazing step up for me. They are comfortable, nice headphones although the clamp force is a bit much for more. But the Bluetooth hum in the left earcup is very irritating. Luckily its not audible to me while listening to music, but in gaps inbetween or silence it is very obvious. Secondly, I've been having huge issues with these connected to my windows 10 PC:
  • When connected over USB C 3.0, the audio quality is immense and I have no issues, but you don't get access to the microphone
  • I'm having big issues getting them to pair via bluetooth to my computer. Two options come up when pairing, one of them does pair, but seems to be stuck in the following:
  • Audio quality of 44khz which seems to work well, but suffering the same hum in the left earcup
  • When using the microphone, the 44khz audio cuts off, and I have to use the other device that's appeared in sound manager. This is limited to 16khz which sounds dreadful.
  • The microphone is also limited to 16khz, thus making it sound dreadful.
  • The boom microphone sounds good, but also has huge noise issues. There is noise throughout the connection, if I up the gain on the microphone to 30db in windows, it creates a feedback loop big enough to max out. At 20db it is very obvious and my friends asked me to stop using the microphone. The audio quality of the actual voice does sound good.
  • If I connect via the supplied 3.5mm jack connection only, I get good sound. The bass is lacking in this mode, but that can be fixed in software, it seems the THX Amp has a better base profile than their passive sound.
These issues are making it hard for me not to just send them back for a refund. They feel like really nice headphones, with so much potential, but just the noise isolation issues and software I'm really struggling here.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #534 of 767
That does not sound like good batch / bad batch problems though...
I've long cancelled my preorder, but remain somehow interested nevertheless. Eerily quiet here... though on Drop there seems to be quite a bit of discussion (which I don't follow due to the rather sparse interface).

Nov 4, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #536 of 767
Buying from Drop.com directly is much better and safer choice than Indiegogo.
It is, I’ll never by another thing from Indiegogo after getting burned by a couple starter projects that didn’t pan out.

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #538 of 767
mine will be here in 4 days. the 7 month long wait is almost over.

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #539 of 767
Finally. :ksc75smile:

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #540 of 767
IMG_1656.jpg

Well they arrived, and they are broke. Now I need to figure out how to rma them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back