DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Feb 19, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #286 of 767
Guess I know what i'm spending some of my tax return on. Always wanted the Oppo when I first started out collecting headphones. Initial reviews made me sway away from making that purchase. Definitely looking forward to the Panda

Feb 19, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #287 of 767
Once I heard "better tuned Oppo PM-3 with amazing bluetooth capability that's equally good as wired. take my money, however I am not contributing to any campaign after been burned by our friends of LH Labs. I know this is a different story but I prefer to spend the extra 50 or even 100 for a final product.

That's actually a really good summary of the Panda. But also I totally understand your hesitation after the LH Labs debacle.

My suspicion is that Panda will turn into a big hit for Drop, on the order of the HD6XX or K7XX etc. They will sell a ton of em, and after an initial run or two they will hopefully have an existing stock rather than following the pre-order/group buy model.

No inside information here, just thinking out loud.

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #288 of 767
Once I heard "better tuned Oppo PM-3 with amazing bluetooth capability that's equally good as wired. take my money, however I am not contributing to any campaign after been burned by our friends of LH Labs. I know this is a different story but I prefer to spend the extra 50 or even 100 for a final product.
That's actually a really good summary of the Panda. But also I totally understand your hesitation after the LH Labs debacle.

My suspicion is that Panda will turn into a big hit for Drop, on the order of the HD6XX or K7XX etc. They will sell a ton of em, and after an initial run or two they will hopefully have an existing stock rather than following the pre-order/group buy model.

No inside information here, just thinking out loud.
What happened with LH Labs?

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #289 of 767
Tested these at AES NY 2020. Headband is wide enough for wide heads, but my head is also long from the top to my ears, and they don't reach far enough. They need 1/2 to an inch of extra slide on each side. Ear pads could be deeper which could improve their sound, which is as great as they say it is. Their tonal balance is one of the best I have heard.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #290 of 767
What happened with LH Labs?

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...d6-million-not-delivered-since-2014/#comments It's quite the saga and still unfolding.

Tested these at AES NY 2020. Headband is wide enough for wide heads, but my head is also long from the top to my ears, and they don't reach quite far enough. They 1/2 to an inch of extra slide on each side. Ear pads could be deeper too which could improve their sound, which is as great as they say it is. Their tonal balance is one of the best I've heard.

Agreed, the largest setting fits my head just right but I'd be out of luck if I needed even a tiny bit more extension. I've got a big head but not particularly "tall" from ear-to-top, so I imagine a decent number of people running into this same problem.

I almost always want deeper pads but these seem comfortable enough for what they are. With the clamping force being what it is, I'm not sure how that would work anyway - seems like they would just compress more and be back where we started.

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #293 of 767
I wonder where will be available in Indonesia?
or seller ?
I just want to buy
Their indiegogo FAQ states:

Do you ship worldwide and how much is the shipping charge?
Yes, however, some countries are not within our shipping network. Shipping is free within the US and a flat $10 for most countries."

You should try contacting them through Indiegogo and see if Indonesia is one of the countries that is covered.

Feb 27, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #297 of 767
Any word on upcoming headband changes before production? As someone with a big head I'd love a big more extension and a bit of padding, by all accounts they arent particularly comfortable.

Last word I got was just that the are "actively working to make some improvements on the headband", but no other specifics were given to me. I registered my feedback about padding and extension so I imagine those are the areas they would look to, but no idea how it actually ends up.

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #300 of 767
Re Padding, we're adding a layer of very squishy, perforated foam padding in the headband.

Re Extension, we're extending the range by 1-2 clicks

The team has been working day and night to incorporate these changes while maintaining our fulfillment schedule.
Thank you for listening to your customers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back