DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Mar 15, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #331 of 767
Put my order in a couple weeks ago, now its just the waiting game.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #337 of 767
Yup, you should be fine. Clamping force is stronger here than sony/beats/bose.

I already pre-ordered direct from Drop but this could be problematic for me. My original PM-3's clamp force can be a bit to much although I still use them regularly. Obviously the Panda will be different in many areas but Oppo listed the PM-3's clamping force at 5N so I'm hoping the Panda will be less than that or at least no higher. Without ANC (a good thing imo), I realize a tight seal is essential but I find the most comfortable headphones to be closer to 3N.

I also know you've announced changes to the headband and was hoping clamp force would be reduced as such. Have you guys measured the actual clamp force of the headphones and would you mind sharing it with us?

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #340 of 767
I'm not familiar with how Indiegogo works. At the moment it shows that there are 6 days left. Does that mean that if I do not place a pre-order within 6 days then I can't get a pair?
It means that the campaign ends in 6 days. So after that you won't be able to pre-order the headphones. After the 6 days you have to wait till the headphones are available in shops.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #344 of 767
Ughhhhhhh I'm super torn trying to get a straight answer about this. Basically, I'm trying to figure out if waiting is safe or if I absolutely need to buy before the six days is up to guarantee a pair.
OK, part of the challenge is that predicting the future is imprecise at best, wasted effort at worst.

Having said that... ordering later is PROBABLY safe. It may cost you a little more - that will be up to drop.com. It may be a while before it is up for sale again - that will be up to drop.com.

Why is the answer so imprecise? Because, unless @WillBright or someone else from drop.com answers, none of the rest of us knows for certain. And usually when drop.com answers a question about availability they are not too precise.

Why are we fairly confident the headphones will be available again some day? Because it makes business sense for drop.com to sell them if they can make money, and because that is the usual pattern. But then if they don’t make enough money, or if they have trouble with their supply chain, maybe not.

You should consider if you have the funds to buy them, confidence the sound signature will be to your liking, and the strong desire. If you are wavering in any way, just wait. These most likely will come back on drop.com. And if they don’t, you probably will be able to pick up a used pair. And even if you can never get a pair of these don’t worry about it; it is not the end of the world and you will find something else.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #345 of 767
OK, part of the challenge is that predicting the future is imprecise at best, wasted effort at worst.

Having said that... ordering later is PROBABLY safe. It may cost you a little more - that will be up to drop.com. It may be a while before it is up for sale again - that will be up to drop.com.

Why is the answer so imprecise? Because, unless @WillBright or someone else from drop.com answers, none of the rest of us knows for certain. And usually when drop.com answers a question about availability they are not too precise.

Why are we fairly confident the headphones will be available again some day? Because it makes business sense for drop.com to sell them if they can make money, and because that is the usual pattern. But then if they don’t make enough money, or if they have trouble with their supply chain, maybe not.

You should consider if you have the funds to buy them, confidence the sound signature will be to your liking, and the strong desire. If you are wavering in any way, just wait. These most likely will come back on drop.com. And if they don’t, you probably will be able to pick up a used pair. And even if you can never get a pair of these don’t worry about it; it is not the end of the world and you will find something else.
Sounds good. Right now I'm reading up on how these compare to the Sennheiser HD 6xx cans. I could pull off the purchase but, to me at least, $400 is a pretty big investment. I guess I don't understand how so much money has been pledged without all the pre-order slots been taken either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back