DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Jan 29, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #158 of 767
@WillBright How does the passive mode work? Let's say in 5 years the battery goes completely dead, or the board stops working for whatever reason, will the passive mode still work?

Yes, the passive mode is unrelated to the electronics. If you opened Panda and clipped the wires to the battery, you'd be able to use passive mode just fine.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #160 of 767
The only possible thing I see holding me back, is the heft. These are gonna have to be extremely comfortable. 13.2 oz is about the same as the Audioquest Nightowl and E-mu Teaks. Quite weighty for a portable, on the go can. I will need to hear a fair share user reviews before I pull the trigger...as tempting as it is. Gonna be a wait for sure. Part of me is excited when announcements are made this far in advance, and part of me wishes it came closer to the actual release date. I haven't heard a bluetooth can that that I felt was close enough in sound quality to my wired portables yet. Those being the Beoplay H6 and Msr7b. I hope these will, though I haven't demoed any current offerings from Sennheiser, B&O, or B&W recently. Unfortunately, I have never heard the PM-3, and I thought the Audeze Sine wasn't all that great. I also prefer dynamic drivers, so I shall patiently await.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #161 of 767
“Extremely” comfortable? I would not say the Panda’s are extremely comfortable.

However Panda’s are more comfortable than I expected, there is a slight clamp force at the bottom of the ear, but it did not irritate me.

The only pair of headphones that really come to mind for extreme comfort are Bose 700’s.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #162 of 767
“Extremely” comfortable? I would not say the Panda’s are extremely comfortable.

However Panda’s are more comfortable than I expected, there is a slight clamp force at the bottom of the ear, but it did not irritate me.

The only pair of headphones that really come to mind for extreme comfort are Bose 700’s.
Obviously extreme comfort is going to vary from user to user. I'm mostly interested in the weight distribution. The Ni is quite comfortable, but the weight distribution is a bit off, therefore not making it extremely comfortable.

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #164 of 767
Kinda sucks that the US gets 30 days hassle free return, whilst EU customers got no such policy (only return if something is wrong with the product), there's just nu way i'll spend that amount of money if I can't try it first. No matter what different reviewers say about them, everyone got different preferens when it comes to both comfort and sound quality.

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #165 of 767
There is, connect to multiple devices and switch between by selecting on the paired device.

Thanks Will! That’s awesome. I also see that the Pandas are made in Taiwan?

I wonder if it’s possible to ship them directly to me since I currently reside in Taiwan. Well, I know typically you guys need to get these shipments to your warehouse first before shipping so I also understand if that’s not possible at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back