Drop ordering - question
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skeeb23

100+ Head-Fier
I have a feeling I know the answer..but thought to ask an experienced community.

I have ordered some headphones from Drop that were at the time not available for immediate ship. My ship date is late April for a reserved order. I'm pretty frustrated by it and have since found another set of HP that I actually prefer more so. I emailed Drop and basically was told - nope. Can't cancel because the up front cost pays for the order they have made for the headphones. Seems crazy to me they can take money so far out and not let you cancel. Anything else seems to allow a cancel for a product not arriving soon. I understand maybe for a car or house purchase...but these are headphones.
Anyway, am I missing some other way to get this cancelled or am I just screwed as I am afraid of. Sucks to wait so long for something I don't even want anymore..and no way to return with the restock fee so now I'll be forced to sell and hope for the best. Very bad first experience with Drop.

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Chargeback?

They literally just told someone in the discussion thread for the 8XX that you can in fact cancel an order up until the date they ship the headphones, and only after that are you stuck with them. That's been repeated a couple times by Drop reps in that thread, so I'd go over there and find the posts, then screen shot and send back to Drop and ask again.

If they didn't refund after that I'd just do a chargeback tbh, unless the fine print contradicts what they're saying to people on the boards.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 7
That’s not what chargeback is for.

What item is it? So we can check the purchase, cancel and returns conditions. They seem to have different sets of conditions for in-stock, first runs and recurring runs which can be confusing but when not buying in-stock items from Drop, you gotta know what you are getting into.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 7
That’s not what chargeback is for.

What item is it? So we can check the purchase, cancel and returns conditions. They seem to have different sets of conditions for in-stock, first runs and recurring runs which can be confusing but when not buying in-stock items from Drop, you gotta know what you are getting into.
It's the GL2000. According to Drop they take the money up front to do the group order purchase..however the date didn't say the end of April when I first ordered. I want to get the Elex instead now that I've done more research to what I want. So they would essentially be getting more money from me, but won't refund at this time. Yet there are hundreds of others that requested more GL2k. It's a pretty crappy service imo. My own fault for not reading the fine print.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, sorry you are stuck with GL2000. I think you can return them for a refund which is a hassle compared to a cancelled order but at least you have a way out. It's always one thing to consider when buying stuff not in stock from Drop. The business model is kinda cool but there are drawbacks.

Good choice on the Elex, I own them at some point when they came out and if it wasn't for the headband discomfort (fear not, I can't tolerate most if not any headphones for more than 30 mins) I would still own them today.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 7
It's the GL2000. According to Drop they take the money up front to do the group order purchase..however the date didn't say the end of April when I first ordered. I want to get the Elex instead now that I've done more research to what I want. So they would essentially be getting more money from me, but won't refund at this time. Yet there are hundreds of others that requested more GL2k. It's a pretty crappy service imo. My own fault for not reading the fine print.
they are pretty dumb if they allow a refund after delivery, but won't allow you to cancel now. If they allowed you to cancel, they could save the money on shipping and sell it to someone else.

I, too, have lost faith in the drop business model. I bought a bunch of HD6XX headphones as gifts. Those purchases worked out okay even though shipment was about 2 months. It was worth the wait for a great price. But, everything else I bought, took forever, and I ended up being able to get some better or equivalent later. One amp I bought they never delivered. It just never showed up. They held my money for 2 months and then in the middle of shipment it was returned to them and they had no supply so they just said "sorry, we don't have any in inventory, here's your money back." A cable I bought took 3 months to arrive and it was damaged and had to be refunded. Another product went on sale somewhere else, so I could have gotten it within a week and at a cheaper price.

Now, the HD8XX product is a non-starter. They try to make it sound cheaper than buying an HD800S, but they don't provide a balanced cable. And delivery is no sooner than November.

Drop is a good idea who time is past.

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 7
they are pretty dumb if they allow a refund after delivery, but won't allow you to cancel now. If they allowed you to cancel, they could save the money on shipping and sell it to someone else.

I, too, have lost faith in the drop business model. I bought a bunch of HD6XX headphones as gifts. Those purchases worked out okay even though shipment was about 2 months. It was worth the wait for a great price. But, everything else I bought, took forever, and I ended up being able to get some better or equivalent later. One amp I bought they never delivered. It just never showed up. They held my money for 2 months and then in the middle of shipment it was returned to them and they had no supply so they just said "sorry, we don't have any in inventory, here's your money back." A cable I bought took 3 months to arrive and it was damaged and had to be refunded. Another product went on sale somewhere else, so I could have gotten it within a week and at a cheaper price.

Now, the HD8XX product is a non-starter. They try to make it sound cheaper than buying an HD800S, but they don't provide a balanced cable. And delivery is no sooner than November.

Drop is a good idea who time is past.
Exactly my point. When I emailed them a 2nd time I told them basically why not refund me since there are hundreds more requesting these from Drop...so they would definitely sell my place. Then let me buy the Elex which is more expensive and they have it ready to ship now.
Guess they don't believe in keeping happy customers.
I've been told to just go and dispute the transaction through my credit card...but I really should not have to go that rout. Almost feel dirty doing it though I have every right to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back