Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
May 15, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #661 of 1,383
Oh lord, am embarrassed to confess that I cannot work out how to remove the nozzle/filters. Consult again and again the provided instruction sheet, but to no avail. Can move the housing around a bit, and that's it. Instructions refer to a "lever" but I am not seeing any lever!
It’s a little latch on each IEM. Pull it back, hold it, and twist off the nozzle. Twist in a different one, and it clicks in place.

B5DE17A2-33E5-4191-8819-557281D0A394.jpeg
AE091955-EACC-43CF-B53F-0B41893794AC.jpeg

May 15, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #662 of 1,383
[
Oh lord, am embarrassed to confess that I cannot work out how to remove the nozzle/filters. Consult again and again the provided instruction sheet, but to no avail. Can move the housing around a bit, and that's it. Instructions refer to a "lever" but I am not seeing any lever!
If you're looking at them, there is a vent hole on the rotating housing. Even with this, toward the nozzle, is a small pin. Pull the pin towards the vent hole, gently twist the nozzle, and it will come out.

May 16, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #664 of 1,383
The nozzle removal is a simultaneous, two step process: while sliding (step1) button to the rear and keeping it in that rearward position, twist the nozzle (step 2).

1589636381672.png

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #667 of 1,383
On a whim, I swapped the stock tips with the regular JVC Spiral Dots and I'm a bit shocked to discover I vastly prefer the sound of the FD-X1 with the regular SD. The bass might be tighter with the stock tips but the treble shoutiness is noticeably reduced with the regular SD tips.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #668 of 1,383
On a whim, I swapped the stock tips with the regular JVC Spiral Dots and I'm a bit shocked to discover I vastly prefer the sound of the FD-X! with the regular SD. The bass might be tighter with the stock tips but the treble shoutiness is noticeably reduced with the regular SD tips.
I gotta try the regular SD tips sometime.

May 18, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #672 of 1,383
I read somewhere that the manufacture that make them is closed due to Covid 19. I'm looking to get one as well.
It is. Or was. There is hope though. I sent a pair in for warranty replacement and, having read the same thing, I made very sure in my interactions with customer service that there was indeed a pair for them to be replaced with. The woman I spoke with said they had just been released, and that there were indeed replacements to be had. I assume by released, she meant the COVID restrictions have been lifted?

May 19, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #673 of 1,383
Has any1 tried FD02, FD01, FDX1 and can do a comparison?
Is there any difference between these in terms of sound, clarity, separation?

I'm asking because I sold my KPE and I miss them.

And I would like replace them with one of the above.

Leaning towards FD02 because of the price of course :)

May 19, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #674 of 1,383
Has any1 tried FD02, FD01, FDX1 and can do a comparison?
Is there any difference between these in terms of sound, clarity, separation?

I'm asking because I sold my KPE and I miss them.

And I would like replace them with one of the above.

Leaning towards FD02 because of the price of course :)
This is my order of preference (in descending order):
FD01
FDX1
FD02

As long as you're willing to get a pair of sharp tipped tweezers (or a large sewing needle) and a disposable, pre-moistened alcohol pad/towelette, the FD01 is cheaper (when Drop has them available) than the FDX1 and has the three different tips (Stainless steel, Bronze, Titanium). The FDX1's tips are all of the stainless steel variant; it's debatable as to the merits of the different materials, but better to have, than to not.
JVC HAFD01 1st mod.jpg

That being said, the JVC HA-FDX1 is available again, https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem
You'll have to go through the purchase process, to see if Romania is on the shipping list for Drop.

@surfgeorge is the resident tweeker, for the FD02; I'll leave it to him, to grade the degree of difficulty, in lifting the screen, to add a filter. As the FD02 doesn't come with interchangeable tips.

May 19, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #675 of 1,383
This is my order of preference (in descending order):
FD01
FDX1
FD02

As long as you're willing to get a pair of sharp tipped tweezers (or a large sewing needle) and a disposable, pre-moistened alcohol pad/towelette, the FD01 is cheaper (when Drop has them available) than the FDX1 and has the three different tips (Stainless steel, Bronze, Titanium). The FDX1's tips are all of the stainless steel variant; it's debatable as to the merits of the different materials, but better to have, than to not.
JVC HAFD01 1st mod.jpg

That being said, the JVC HA-FDX1 is available again, https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem
You'll have to go through the purchase process, to see if Romania is on the shipping list for Drop.

@surfgeorge is the resident tweeker, for the FD02; I'll leave it to him, to grade the degree of difficulty, in lifting the screen, to add a filter. As the FD02 doesn't come with interchangeable tips.
Thanks for the info!

Some tweaks are not a problem for me but the results are important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back