Driving Music
Sep 26, 2007 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

mochimon

100+ Head-Fier
what are the toons that make you take the long way home when you're driving.

i just parked by the beach for a few tracks off of Rickie Lee Jones' Pop Pop. what an amazing vocalist. and her bass player is just awesome.

(i couldn't wait to get her home and onto my grado's though
rs1smile.gif
)

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 25
its 40minutes for me to drive to school and then 15-25minutes to park, so i have to buy a sd card for my phone and listen to it on the way. preferably calm instrument/classical music to help me relax. this is the crappiest part of my day.

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 25
maybe move to music?

but back to the OP

anything really rockin' and you can sing along to
i also try to put good music that my friends have never heard...get em cultured
rage against the machine
jimi hendrix is cool too
bohemian rhapsody for a nice sing a long...
and of course

born to be wild!!!

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 25
janes addiction: Ritual de lo Habitual. for some reason stop makes me speed
biggrin.gif

another great 90's album that i just cant take out of the car is New Radicals: Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 25
the sound of music is the roar of my v-twins exhaust as I open the throttle, the sharp and precise snick as I change gears, the grumble from the airbox induction when I decelerate, and the howl from the front tire as it fights for traction.

oh, and a few select songs from the top gun soundtrack as well.

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 25
Anything in another Language..

considering I don't understand what they are talking about then the voice is just a mesh between the changing songs and different beats that each brings. it make time fly and keeps you involved enough with the changing songs.

I love Italian Music for driving..
I just bought from ebay a mp3 cd containing like 12 Toto Cutugno cds, i loaded everything in my ipod and I am good for a easy 6 hour drive!

now if you don't mind I am going to play out some "L'italiano"
i might as well get in the mood with an espresso or maybe a pellegrino..
it makes the drive festive..

get some Spanish and i am up for a 30 gallon hat dance while sitting in traffic!

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #13 of 25
I've been enjoying listening to Wilco's "Sky Blue Sky". It kinda relaxes me but still keeps my fingers tapping when I'm driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back