Drew Carey on The Price Is Right
Oct 15, 2007 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jeff Guidry

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't think he's going to last. His voice is simply unpleasant compared to Bob Barker's, and he doesn't have the sense of rhythm and pacing, and I don't think it's because he's new to the job, I think he just doesn't have it. Doing a game show is a lot different than standup......

I think Ryan Seacrest will replace him in a year.............

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 13
Though I like Bob's on-air personality a lot (and admire his support for animal rights), I'm not sure decades of alleged sexual harassment qualifies him as classy.
blink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 13
Personally I think the show should have ended with Bob leaving, as he was the show. I haven't seen Drew on the show yet, but I can easily see how he could fumble the job seeing how he handled Who's Line. He always seemed out of place on that show, and I'm pretty sure it's the same on The Price is Right. He has some incredibly large shoes to fill, and I just don't think he's the right person for the job. Now that I think about it, I can't think of any suitable substitutes for Bob.

Hopefully the show is put out of it's misery long before The Seacrest has the chance of taking over.
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 13
I haven't seen the show with Drew, but it would seem that he lacks the sincerity that Bob was at least able to fake. Yes, I meant that. He really did come across as though he genuinely cared about the participants. I doubt he did, and imagine his would be a hard act to follow for anyone who has become a tried and tested Hollywood talent (and therefore a gazillionaire as well). At some point, I don't think most of them can identify with the everyday Joe's of the world. Of course, Bob isn't the only one who can fake this. Take Oprah, for instance! Please, take Oprah!

While Drew has the wit and spark, I also suspect that as a natural comedian he'll want too much of the attention to be centered on himself. Bob was good at taking center stage at the right moments, but then sharing it with the contestants when it wasn't all about him (i.e., once the game gets underway). But we'll see. Maybe he'll find a way to pull it off and give a fresh perspective to the show after all of these years.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #11 of 13
Ah the joy, this is one program we won't see in Australia.
cool.gif

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back