dre's for cheap
Mar 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 11
Faaaaake.
I go to a forum where the main discussions are about selling fake beats on different sites and I just get flamed for mentioning real headphones.
They're fake, don't worry.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 11
get the v-moda crosssfade lp and a small headphone amp and you will be much more happy with them than with real beats, i can not say much as the amp, as i have yet to get one, but the fiio's are said to be great budget amps. 
i have my v-modas on my head as we speak, and i have posted a review, here. as for what i said about the comfort, if your ears do not stick out abnormally like mine, they will delight you. as my ears push on the grate over the driver, it is a bit uncomfortable. it is so much better than beats.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 11
what i said above is great, click the link i embedded into the headphones name. the bass is forward, but not overpowering, check my review on them

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 11
As for stylish, great-sounding headphones that outmatch Beats at their own game, the V-Moda mentioned above and some of their other models are great. Also to consider are the AIAIAI TMA-1, an ultra-durable DJ headphone with a simple style, or the Creative Aurvana Live!, a cheaper option with a slightly bassy sound signature.

If you truly want the humongous bass boom of Beats, get yourself a Sony XB500 or a Klipsch Reference One.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #7 of 11
i will say that the sony xb500's are very bassy, but the larger diaphram of the v-modas makes the clarity of the bass much better. i have tried xb500 and v-moda lp side by side, only the v-modas can produce the infrasonic bass of bass i love you by bassotronics, which i use as my low frequency extension test. the xb-500 is almost noticable. the v-modas create a sound of silence that is deeply felt, not heard.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 11
as far as fake beats. the sound sucks, the durability sucks. the feel sucks. if you get the studios, they are NOT noise canceling and the amp generates heaps of static.
 in most cases with fake stuff you get what you paid for. in this case you get less.
the reason i say this is my freind bought a pair of fakes. they sounded horrible, beat in bass and clarity by my $10.80 sony in ears. for which i give sony props for, as they are impossible to blow with anything i have less of a loudspeaker amp. also they broke within 4 days of gentle use. and when you start at such a poor design, including but not limited to a single piece of cast plastic as the headband, you cannot really expect anything. if money is tight go with what the above said and get the xb500's. if you want something that looks great and sounds great for the money, go with v-moda crossfade lp from amazon. there is just so much more to offer within your price range. you could even go for some IEM's but i am not one to say much on that. i have heard some deliver great bass or great clarity, or both if you jump up a bit in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back