Drago´s 3D printed headphones
Feb 5, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 25
I've been told that these drivers are good, but clearly very expensive: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...1;51.01;-1;-1@salePrice;GBP;search-mainSearch

Other than that I can't say I've heard anything else about any of the Ali drivers. It's possible I have bought some of the same drivers as are being sold on Ali, but since I bought them on ebay, I can only go on the fact that they look similar and/or have similar descriptions. I also wasn't all that impressed by them.

Feb 15, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #18 of 25
Trinity - 3D printed headphone (Grado x Fostex x Beyerdynamic)

- Grado SR80e driver
- Fostex T50RP MK2 headband
- Beyerdynamic EDT 100T velour pads
- Hirose connectors

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5273679

IMG_2378.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #19 of 25
Really nice of example of a hybridised design, making best use of the various parts.

I've been looking at the Hirose connectors and they definitely have their advantages over some of the other options available.
I made a little comparison render from the connector model files I have:

Headphone Connection Comparisons 001b.jpg

I'm going to have to get hold of some of these to try out.

Jan 11, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #20 of 25
Dear @IvanDrago,
I followed just now this thread. I find your works really really cool, good job.
I would like to ask you one question regardin the Focal/Aurorus headphone: I suppose you used the same Peerless driver for both the headphone. Can you tell me the sound difference you found out in the two design?
Thanks!

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #21 of 25
Dear @IvanDrago,
I followed just now this thread. I find your works really really cool, good job.
I would like to ask you one question regardin the Focal/Aurorus headphone: I suppose you used the same Peerless driver for both the headphone. Can you tell me the sound difference you found out in the two design?
Thanks!
Thanks for your kind words.
Unfortunalty i can´t answer your question, because both headphones are dissambled.

To make it short, i don´t like them very much. I still prefer my Sennheiser 6xx regarding soundquality and comfort/handling.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #22 of 25
Thanks man for your fast and kind reply. :)
I think I will try to make a pair of the Aurorus clone with also the 10° angled driver holder and see how they perform respect to my other grado-style headphone.
Thanks a lot!

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #25 of 25
looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back