Dr.Xin's SuperMacro-4
Jul 22, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #16 of 31
I think he means that people are buying from Head-Fi then selling them for more on Japan Auction Sites

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #18 of 31
Jul 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do people really pay that much???? Obviously, yes...I guess I was just thinking out loud.

The XIN SM series has soared in Japan. To in addition to it is bid successfully at 100,000 Yen or more.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #21 of 31
High demand for Xin amps + loooooooooooooooooooooooong waiting time = profit!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Kinda sad that this guys trying to get some cheap profit through questionable means.
Also, looking at the FS section, is he using another user ID as well?

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #22 of 31
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #25 of 31
It is a sad state of affairs when people resort to this sort of action. Profiteering in this manner sucks, if i had no use for an amp and decided to sell it, i would like to think it was going to someone who would appreciate it. If it was sold on due to upgrade or not meeting the buyers requirements, then fair enough- but for pure profit (bordering on greed in this case)- bad form old boy.

Now that i've stepped off my soapbox, i have a very rare Xin supermicro iii, fully tweaked up by the scarlet pimpernel himself (Dr. Xin)- please pm me- offers over US$500 only please
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #26 of 31
The amplifier of Dr. XIN becomes large amount of money because it is hard-to-find.
There might be a person who purely wants it, too.

Please check the number etc. of Post of other parties at FS and WTB.
I think so. It doesn't sell it to the person who has joined Head-Fi for the self-interest.

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #28 of 31
why does this thread keep getting bumped?? oops lookie there I did it
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #29 of 31
I have been listening to the SM3 for the past few days. I have all of the series from 1 to 2 and up and the 3, IMO, was, is the best. What I have been listening to stands up to anything made today. It is like a collectable I guess since even Xin doesn't have one now. Looks like mine that I converted to an amp only, no volume control, should be converted back. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back