Dr.Meier's Cross-1 discussion.
May 1, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #286 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by sphinxllama
one more question

do I need metall resistors with 0.1% or do the 1% work fine for this cross-1?

thanks

Yes, and also be sure that you match the respective left and right channel resistors using your meter, and you'll be fine with the 1% metal films.

May 2, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #287 of 334
OK,

Today I ordered all the parts I need for this projekt! Hopefully everything will arrive befor the weekend so I can start build an the listen
orphsmile.gif

Would anyone of you, who has the cross-1 build on a breadboard post some pictures here. Its my first real project and I thing this will help me and everybody else who is new in DIY to build it!

Thanks

Kim

May 2, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #288 of 334
Quote:

Would anyone of you, who has the cross-1 build on a breadboard post some pictures here. Its my first real project and I thing this will help me and everybody else who is new in DIY to build it!

Here you go, Cross-1 on a Rat Shack perf board. Not pretty, but it works great! Good Luck with your build.

PCB-Layout.jpg

Cross-1-Wiring-Labels.jpg

pcboard_cpts.gif

passivefilter.gif

Open-Case.jpg

PCB-Bottom-2.jpg

PCB-Top-2.jpg

PCB-Top-1.jpg

PCB-Bottom-1.jpg

May 3, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #291 of 334
@Ballooshi
Thanks a lot for the pictures! Your Cross-1 lookes really nice!!!

Today I studied the shematic you postet and I got confuesed with the resistors!
confused.gif
confused.gif
Because the coulores on the picture differ from the partlist colores.

Whould you mind to have look on my shematic an tell me if the resistors are correctly placed!

http://home.arcor.de/kimhaagundevast...ss/Cross-1.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/kimhaagundevast...s/Cross-11.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/kimhaagundevast...ss/Cross10.sch
last one is an eagle shematic!!!

Sorry for all this trouble, but I really want this thing to work!
etysmile.gif

Thanks a lot

May 3, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #292 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballooshi
Here you go, Cross-1 on a Rat Shack perf board. Not pretty, but it works great! Good Luck with your build.

PCB-Layout.jpg

pcboard_cpts.gif

passivefilter.gif

Open-Case.jpg

PCB-Bottom-2.jpg

PCB-Top-2.jpg

PCB-Top-1.jpg

PCB-Bottom-1.jpg

Awesome! Superb painting by numbers diagram, absolutely fantastic stuff ballooshi
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #293 of 334
Quote:

Thanks a lot for the pictures! Your Cross-1 lookes really nice!!!

Today I studied the shematic you postet and I got confuesed with the resistors!
confused.gif
confused.gif
Because the coulores on the picture differ from the partlist colores.

Don't look at the colors - look at the numbers I placed around the perimeter of my crude perf board picture, then compare those with the numbers on the schematic to get the values of the components. 1=R1, 2=R2, C1=C1, J=Jumper, etc. My apologies that some of the Jumpers on the board are not labeled, but the unlabeled black lines are generally jumpers. The black dots are where you hook up wires from the switches and in / out jacks. Hope that helps you decipher it.

May 3, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #294 of 334
Quote:

Don't look at the colors - look at the numbers I placed around the perimeter of my crude perf board picture, then compare those with the numbers on the schematic to get the values of the components. 1=R1, 2=R2, C1=C1, J=Jumper, etc. My apologies that some of the Jumpers on the board are not labeled, but the unlabeled black lines are generally jumpers. The black dots are where you hook up wires from the switches. Hope that helps you decipher it.

Jesus, they want jam on it! Perfectly understandable diagram and thanks for taking the time Ballooshi, even an idiot could understand how to put that together
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #295 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Jesus, they want jam on it! Perfectly understandable diagram and thanks for taking the time Ballooshi, even an idiot could understand how to put that together
smily_headphones1.gif

Naw... it's his first build, gotta' cut him some slack. Helping out is what Head-Fi is all about.
580smile.gif
We can rip him a new one on his second build!
evil_smiley.gif

My first was a CMOY, then the Cross-1, now here I am with the HA-1 and another Cross-1. It's a disease, eh?
eek.gif

May 3, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #296 of 334
Quote:

My first was a CMOY, then the Cross-1, now here I am with the HA-1 and another Cross-1. It's a disease, eh?
eek.gif

I like Michigan and I don't have any disease
tongue.gif

May 3, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #297 of 334
Quote:

Naw... it's his first build, gotta' cut him some slack. Helping out is what Head-Fi is all about.
580smile.gif

eek.gif

Nooo! I didn't mean "him" (whoever he is) I meant people in general. Yeh, helping out is what it's all about, done "plenty" of it over the years myself
wink.gif

May 3, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #298 of 334
Just a reminder that I will most likely have 4 cases available at the conclusion of the group buy, assuming we don't lose any or too many in the mail.

If you missed out on the group buy, it's not too late! PM me if any interest.

Edit: one of the left over cases is 5.3" long. It is possible that Ballooshi's configuration would fit in that box. The other 3 cases are only about 3.8" long, which may be be enough room to fit the board, switches and parts. In any event you would have to supply your own front and back panels, which could probably be fabricated easily from acrylic.

Regards,
Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back