Dr. Ebbetts has heard the Beatles remasters: He's retiring!
Jul 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the mono editions be available separate or only in the boxset ?

According to this, the mono editions will be available as a boxset: The Beatles In Mono: The Beatles: Amazon.co.uk: Music

(Further results can be found by searching "the beatles september mono" in Google.
wink.gif
)

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 of those, AR, LIB, and YS, are stereo-only, so they're obvious choices. MMT is great in stereo, and there probably be tracks on the stereo Past Masters that aren't on the mono version. The stereo mix of Beatles for Sale is amazingly lifelike and just sounds wonderful. AHDN is also surprisingly good in stereo.

I'm gonna have to amend my statement. Someone on the Steve Hoffman forum posted the supposed tracklist of the mono version of Past Masters. Mono mixes of the four songs from Yellow Submarine are on it, but they had to take out Let it Be, Old Brown Shoe, and The Ballad of John and Yoko.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the mono editions be available separate or only in the boxset ?

Now I am not sure- I thought even the mono remasters were available separately (my mistake!
frown.gif
). But it appears that some mono Bealles cds are bootlegs!
confused_face(1).gif
Amazon selling boots?

Amazon.com: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band [Mini-LP] [mono / stereo]: The Beatles: Music
Amazon.com: BEATLES BUTCHER COVER CD "Yesterday And Today" The Complete Album In Both MONO and STEREO Near Mint Condition: The Beatles: Music

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #21 of 23
From the looks of it the mono versions are only available in box set form. On the official UK store you can preorder the stereo CDs individually but none of the mono ones. Going to get the mono set if I do go for these remasters, but £200 is a lot of money - might have to do some saving first.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, it appears you can only preorder the box sets in the UK for the time being. Not sure why that is, as they have the individual discs available on the official site (US).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back