Dr. Dre's Beats PRO - Real vs Fake?
Dec 7, 2010 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Seraphx17

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

The Dr. Dre's Beats Pro recently came out and bought a used pair on eBay. However, I am worried that they may be fake. Have you guys heard of any fake Pro models around? And if so, do you know how to be able to spot them?

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 9
Well, here's one guy's excellent and throughly detailed examination of both a 100% authentic set of Monster Beats Studio and a fake one he bought on eBay.

I would think a lot of the stuff that gives those fakes away could apply to yours, even though they are different model headphones.  It's mainly the packaging and accessories (or lack thereof) that gives it away as being fake, instead of actually listening to the headphones themselves.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1245642

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 9
The problem is that the auction doesn't come with the box. I wish it had a battery cover or something else to compare it to much like how the fake studio ones don't have a serial number.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 9
Then I would think it's quite likely you got a pair of fakes.

Regarding anything electronic related on eBay, or anywhere else online, I only go after the ones that include all packaging and accessories (like if you were to actually buy it brand new in a store).

Otherwise, you take the risk of buying a fake item, especially on eBay.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 9
if you check the sides the b on the side should be red if its not then there fake. some people on ebay send fake ones with the b coloured in in pen. check the sides carefully and  rub them abit. :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back