Dr Dre Tour Beats Refurbished *Highly Reccomended*
Jul 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DrSlickDaddy

New Head-Fier
So after reading terrible about these headphones all over the internet I decided that I was gonna go for because they were supposed to be good for hip hop and I thought that they suited my preference for IEM's. Most of the bad reviews stated that they had good sound quality and deep bass but they didn't fit in your ear very well and if they didn't fit then they didn't sound good. I also read a lot about that you could get better IEMs for the price. Retail for these was far out of my price range but I had around $100 so I decided to get them from the Monster Outlet Store. I so far I am very happy with my decision. Out of the box the default tips fit perfectly and the headphones sound great! Now this is what really made me feel like Monster was a good company; I assume that they had read about or heard that these headphones were not fitting properly so they decided to do something about it because these refurbished headphones didn't come with the original box(still came with carrying case) but to my surprise they actually came with a pair of the best Comply Foam tips. I thought that was just great that they did that for no extra cost. Has anyone else had there's come with these?

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 8
You could also have gotten the refurbished Monster Turbines at $50 from the outlet store and they have just as good, and to some like me, even better sound quality. Or heck, if they were in stock, for $100 you could've gotten the refurbed Turbine Coppers or Golds that are leaps and bounds better. It's nice and convenient that they included a pair of Comply tips, but keep in mind that a 3-pair pack is about $15, so that one pair is only a $5 dollar value.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
You could also have gotten the refurbished Monster Turbines at $50 from the outlet store and they have just as good, and to some like me, even better sound quality. Or heck, if they were in stock, for $100 you could've gotten the refurbed Turbine Coppers or Golds that are leaps and bounds better. It's nice and convenient that they included a pair of Comply tips, but keep in mind that a 3-pair pack is about $15, so that one pair is only a $5 dollar value.

Yeah I know what you mean but its still pretty cool of them. If the Copper or Turbines were available I definatley would've grabbed those.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 8
Most of the bad reviews stated that they had good sound quality and deep bass but they didn't fit in your ear very well and if they didn't fit then they didn't sound good.

Really? I found this to be the opposite for me. They fit quite well (not as well as some other cans I have), but they lacked good sound quality. Others will know what I mean when I say that the bass permeates through EVERY SINGLE **** FREQUENCY.

Jul 27, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Most of the bad reviews stated that they had good sound quality and deep bass but they didn't fit in your ear very well and if they didn't fit then they didn't sound good.

Really? I found this to be the opposite for me. They fit quite well (not as well as some other cans I have), but they lacked good sound quality. Others will know what I mean when I say that the bass permeates through EVERY SINGLE **** FREQUENCY.

It depends on the type of music you like listening to

Jul 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 8
Regular Turbine >> Dre's Even my friends who have never heard of any legit headphones agrees with this. only thing about the beats is arguably the appearance, which in my opinion, isn't that great either. But I remember the first time I heard the Dre's, it was coming from Skullcandy FMJ's, which I actually thought was good at the time.... At that time, I thought the Dre's were pretty good actually. I guess it just goes out to show you don't know what you are missing if you keep trying out overrated crap. seriously tho OP, i would get a refund for the tours and do a little more research, unless you actually like the design of the dre's,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back