Dr Dre Beats
May 31, 2009 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

AfricanProphet

100+ Head-Fier
I know that many of you are anti-beats...or at least anti-Monster. Either way, I have an opportunity to get a pair of Beats for $150. I was wondering if you guys thought that would make them worth it or not. It's either those or a pair of ATH-M50s for around $95. Sorry for creating so many threads on topics like this, but trust me all your insight is greatly appreciated!

May 31, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 17
Try them both out and pick the one that sound the best to your ears...

May 31, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 17
Why not buy them for the cheap price, sell them off for a profit on eBay and buy a better pair of headphones?

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanProphet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that many of you are anti-beats...or at least anti-Monster. Either way, I have an opportunity to get a pair of Beats for $150. I was wondering if you guys thought that would make them worth it or not. It's either those or a pair of ATH-M50s for around $95. Sorry for creating so many threads on topics like this, but trust me all your insight is greatly appreciated!

Even at $150, I would avoid them. They are the muddiest headphones over $200 I've every heard. And the noise canceling is basically non-existent. I would take your $150 and pick up a set of Grado SR225 headphones.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 17
Depend on what you want....
If you're really interest in them , then 150$ is at least the most expensive they should be sell , so why not...... But if you ask for the best "bang for your buck" , euh...... i'd say they "bang" but not the right way !!
biggrin.gif

There's definitly better options IMO !

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not bad but I couldn't get a good audition of them in the store. The default volume was way too loud.

Ditto.

I asked an employee to open one for me, and I got to try them. They sounded pretty good out of my Fuze, but I wouldn't buy them for their normal retail price. Half-off, it's a pretty good deal. Noise-cancelling really comes in handy sometimes.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #10 of 17
The Beats are alright but doesn't really wow me. I wouldn't spend $150 on them. The max I'll do would probably be $100 - $120.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not buy them for the cheap price, sell them off for a profit on eBay and buy a better pair of headphones?

This is the best advice IMO.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #12 of 17
I'll probably get them and try them out. It's all good advice but it sounds like a lot of the problems people have with these phones are because of the display and not because people have owned them. I feel bad just getting them to resell (because it's through a former co-worker at Best Buy) but I don't think I'll be satisfied until I try them out.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 17
Good call. If you don't like them = easily sellable for a profit. Then get better headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

That said, Head-fi isn't anti-Monster when it comes to their audio products.

e.g. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...thread-416736/

We are objective here and will and do trash "audiophile" brands if their products isn't up to standard.
Objective: Two of the best in-ears in their respective price ranges: the Apple In-Ear Headphone [the dual-driver one, often called the 'ADDIEM' here] and Monster Turbines.
Head-fi'ers don't care who it's made or OEM'ed by.

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 17
^^
I do think it's slightly comical that you say head-fi isn't anti-Moster when the first sentence of that thread is: "Yes, Monster, one of Headfi's least favourite companies..."

Either way, point well taken. I am not brand biased whatsoever and simply appreciate a fair review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back