Dr. Dre Beats Studio VS. Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #46 of 59
Aug 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Oh come on, I was given the Beats as a present. I would never have bought them!

hmm...?

owh lol oops sorry wasn't refering to you (didn't see your gear list until now) was actually talking about my friend who went from a solo to a hd800 + beyerdynamic A1 amp under my advice with his dad's money (his music is still all 128 though)

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #53 of 59
Completely random but since we're on the subject of Beats, do y'all think Diddybeats is worth the money as an IEM to go to the gym with? I recently bought a pair of Meelectronic M9s, still waiting on them via mail.

No, I own these and they are very heavy (over 26 grams, IE8 is 15). You cannot loop the wire over your ear to help them stay in. I ended up turning the triple flang into a double flang and that worked, but I can feel them pulling at my ears whenever I move my head.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #54 of 59
Is it worse than the Tours? I think I may go with the Klipsch S4 or the Ety HF5. The only thing I can't figure out right now is if there is a difference between the Klipsch Image S4 and the Klipsch Reference S4 Premium?

They are a lot worse, they sound like you set your EQ on your home theater to club or dance. They are good for dance or Dubstep or hip hop, but anything with vocals or a mid centric sound, you will hate these.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #55 of 59
Quote:
They are a lot worse, they sound like you set your EQ on your home theater to club or dance. They are good for dance or Dubstep or hip hop, but anything with vocals or a mid centric sound, you will hate these.

seems like every beats product is like that i guess.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

I went ahead and grabbed the Reference S4, I've been bouncing back and fourth between those and the M9s. I like them both way more than my Tours I used to own =-(

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #58 of 59
Quote:
Please anyone. Don't buy beats, unless you like paying $150> for overpriced plastic with drivers.

words that could save the headphone world (hopefully)

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #59 of 59
Yeah made that mistake twice ... i was young and dumb 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back