Downloading and Installation Guide for Fiio E17 ASIO Driver------the Beta Version
Dec 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #47 of 63
I know this is old but for anyone else I noticed that I had this "lag" problem too where the bars would start before the music.  I checked the FiiO E-17 ACPL app and noticed the audio format at 16 bit, 44100 Hz but on the E-17 was 48k so I changed it to 16bit, 48000 Hz and no more lag.

And for some reason WASAPI with this driver does not work...push nor event.
Quote:
currently my settings are with 40 but tried it with 20 and 10..same story
the interesting part is that, which I just figured out, the bars rise before the song starts, say before I hear it :) (with asio)
when I switch back to Sound wave, the bars rise together with the sound..

so this latency maybe one of symptoms too...

Quote:
Thanks, I managed to install the driver fine however I'm experiencing a problem, hopefully you can help.

When I use the "ASIO: FIIO E17 DAC ASIO DRIVER" in the foobar output, there is a lag/buffer time of about 1 second whenever a new track plays, or when skipping through a track.

This does not happen if I select the standard "DS: SPDIF OUT (2-FIIO USB DAC-E17)" or "WASAPI: SPDIF OUT (2-FIIO USB DAC-E17)" outputs.

I would just use the WASAPI output, however it's really annoying having to close foobar and restart firefox every time you want to stream something online.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #49 of 63
I'm having the same problem (with a different computer). I try to play music on both foobar2000 and Cowon's Jet Audio and the music lags every 5 seconds or so - it's driving me batty. I can't find the driver in my computer to uninstall/reinstall and my computer doesn't even notify me that it recognizes the amp when I plug it in - it didn't use to do this, so I'm perplexed. I'm not running a bunch of programs simultaneously, so there's no reason for it.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #50 of 63
Hi! I bay Fiio E07K, device is perfect. Now I trying install Fiio E07K ASIO Driver
(downloading Fiio official web page), install in Windows 7 is OK, but when install in Windows 8 (in compatible mode Win7/mode Win8) and start playing music (Cowon JetAudio, WMPC, Windows Media Player.. etc..) works ok, but after 5-10min, I have a BSOD - "Kernel Secure check failure", I trying reinstall/uninstall, when ASIO Driver uninstall Fiio E07K works stable. I "Googled" this problem - when "Kernel secure check failure", Driver is not supported Windows 8!

Dear Fiio - PLEASE add official SUPPORT Windows 8 in Fiio E07K ASIO Driver!!!

Sorry for my bad English.

May 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #51 of 63
Hello,

I bought the E-17 to use specifically for mixdowns from my digital audio workstation, Reaper. It's super-quiet compared to my on-board laptop sound. Using headphones has been an exceptional experience. I'm very impressed. I was just as impressed using it with an iRiver H-10 (with Rockbox, of course! ...wish it had a digital output).

My only real issue has been utilizing FiiO's own ASIO driver for the E-17. On my laptop and desktop using Windows 7 x64, everything I've tested it with (FruityLoops 11, Sound Forge, AAMS), that utilizes the ASIO driver does and very well. However, Reaper doesn't see it but it does see the DirectSound driver, the WDM driver as well as the E-17 in ASIO4ALL, the generic ASIO driver. Fiio's ASIO driver worked better than ASIO4ALL when utilized. That's why I thought it was worth it to see if this would be a possibility in the near-future. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks for a great product!

CB

(I've posted on Reaper's forum as well but haven't seen a response from the developers as of yet.)

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:
Hello,

I bought the E-17 to use specifically for mixdowns from my digital audio workstation, Reaper. It's super-quiet compared to my on-board laptop sound. Using headphones has been an exceptional experience. I'm very impressed. I was just as impressed using it with an iRiver H-10 (with Rockbox, of course! ...wish it had a digital output).

My only real issue has been utilizing FiiO's own ASIO driver for the E-17. On my laptop and desktop using Windows 7 x64, everything I've tested it with (FruityLoops 11, Sound Forge, AAMS), that utilizes the ASIO driver does and very well. However, Reaper doesn't see it but it does see the DirectSound driver, the WDM driver as well as the E-17 in ASIO4ALL, the generic ASIO driver. Fiio's ASIO driver worked better than ASIO4ALL when utilized. That's why I thought it was worth it to see if this would be a possibility in the near-future. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks for a great product!

CB

(I've posted on Reaper's forum as well but haven't seen a response from the developers as of yet.)

I'd be interested to know in what ways it's actually better than the ASIO4ALL driver since their function is essentially the same.  Isn't it just a matter of it working or not?  And from what I see, ASIO4ALL has more options in terms of delay and things like that.  Are you able to get a lower buffer or something?  Thanks.

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #53 of 63
Hello,

The main feature that I'm interested in is taking advantage of the 6144 buffer size as opposed to the ASIO4ALL maximum size of 2048. This enables me to simultaneously playback more tracks to mixdown without pops, crackles and drop-outs. I've tested this in Audacity but I can't use that for mixing. (Low latency isn't needed for me in this situation.)

CB

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:
Hello,

The main feature that I'm interested in is taking advantage of the 6144 buffer size as opposed to the ASIO4ALL maximum size of 2048. This enables me to simultaneously playback more tracks to mixdown without pops, crackles and drop-outs. I've tested this in Audacity but I can't use that for mixing. (Low latency isn't needed for me in this situation.)

CB

Oh, I see.  Is this a CPU limitation or can it be another factor?

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:
CPU is fine. Even with my laptop's on-board sound card, I can playback about 75 tracks, without effects, and still have room for more.

Well exactly.  So that's my question.  What's the limitation then which doesn't allow you to set a lower buffer without getting pops?  2048 should certainly be enough unless there's something insufficient.  I'm asking if you know what factor that may be.  If there's more than just the CPU involved in this, then what is it?  Is it perhaps also to do with how properly it functions?  I'm asking if you know what prevents you from setting the buffer lower without then having problems.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:
The 2048 buffer is the limitation, it's the higher buffer I'm after. I'm not concerned with low latency on playback.

I understand that, but why would you be getting any pops/drop-outs at already as high of a buffer as 2048 is what I'm asking.  What's the PROCESSING limitation that's not handling the flow of information.  I understand what the supposed limitation stated by you was... 

Ok, but in short, the answer is, you don't know.  You don't seem to have an idea of what's going on, yet alone what I'm asking...  Nevermind........

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #60 of 63
The problem with the delay of playback compared to the playback bar in Foobar is when FiiO USB DAC-E17 ACPL program is not in the system tray. If you run the program and leave it shown on your system tray, there is no sound delay. I'm not sure, but it might be a lag when trying to run this program for every song switch. They should fix this problem as ASIO4ALL is constantly running in the system tray, so there is not problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back