Douk Audio P7 amp
Jan 14, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 65
It is with great sadness I must report this amp has died! I can't believe it, I just purchased 2 Russian 6as7g tubes NOS from 1966 and was listening to one and the amp just died! I was very surprised as I've only owned it one month.
I loved the look, I loved the sound from the stock 6n5 power tube, I also purchased a RCA 6080 that sounded very detailed but I preferred the stock power tube. I bought a matched pair of Russian 6n3 drivers and also preferred the stock tubes. The Svetlana 6as7g power tube was sounding very good and then silence...
The amp seems completely dead. Oh well I tried Douk Audio. Too bad, just really to bad.
The month we shared was very enjoyable.
Did it have any warranty?

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #62 of 65
Did it have any warranty?
Amazon refunded my money and said keep the amp. I've had it at a repair guys house for a while now... probably over a year and he did order a new power supply but hasn't contacted me yet. He said he needs to go through it and will let me know. We will see.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #63 of 65
Yeah definitely keep us updated, your devotion is very nice lol. I have basically given up on it and am considering a replacement tube amp, depends how I feel. I'm more of a solid state guy overall. I know I have to get pics of the P7's internals to post on here....one of these days I will try to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back