Douk Audio P7 amp
Aug 1, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #34 of 65
from the aliexpress listings:
"
Notes for use:

There is a small cooling fan inside the machine, and the chassis will be hot when working for a long time.

"

looks like some smart business people made a smart business decision and addressed the heat issue. By adding a fan.
The fan will help to prevent the overheating. The new fan should be quiet enough, at least for the first month or so, which is the "amazon return" window.
After that..... it might get louder. eventually the fan vibration gets picked up by the tubes and amplified and shows up in the music. But the amp practically still works, no need for warranty repair.

a simple yet effective solution.

he he he he he.

:)

edit: I jumped the gun, a previous post in this thread indicateds there has always been a fan inside. so the fan is not it. They must have done something wonderful during the redesign.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #35 of 65
Interesting....that more a sticking plaster job rather than a cure , not sure how many tube amps use a fan though maybe they could market it as a "unique" selling point , this is me I sarcastic mode btw lol

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #36 of 65
I jumped the gun, a previous post in this thread indicateds there has always been a fan inside.

so the fan is not it. They must have done something wonderful during the redesign.

I wonder when the P7 will show up on amazon.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #37 of 65
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #39 of 65
I noticed these new versions too and I'm very tempted but I'm so worried because of the last one I had lol. They are so nice looking though and the one I had sounded very nice while I had it.

Dec 31, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #40 of 65
I wonder where all these none-functioning P7 went. I suppose people buy "amazon return" pellets and then sort and resell the stuff, but there is no P7 on ebay.
I actually still have my original one in small hopes of one day maybe trying to fix it but I don't think that'll happen. I actually was fiddling with it last night.

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #41 of 65
Mine is still at the repair guys house...no word from him. It must be a multitude of problems I suspect. Does't look good.

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #42 of 65
I recently acquired a little bear p8, it is the transformer version of the same thing. It has its problem too (power draw is 70va while the transformer is rated 50va according to the transformer label.... details in the DIY section).

so far none of these <$350 tube amps I have tried or read about are good enough to use as-is. All require at least some form of rework or mod, at least a DC filament supply for the input tube.

I was hoping to find something relatively inexpensive yet ok enough so I can recommend to co-workers. no luck so far.

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #43 of 65
Mine is still at the repair guys house...no word from him. It must be a multitude of problems I suspect. Does't look good.

there is not a lot of room in that compact enclosure to add power supply parts. The easiest way to go around is to bolt the P7 atop a wood box (100va power transformer in the wood box). But that kills the compact/flat look.

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #44 of 65
there is not a lot of room in that compact enclosure to add power supply parts. The easiest way to go around is to bolt the P7 atop a wood box (100va power transformer in the wood box). But that kills the compact/flat look.
We had talked about mounting the power supply in a separate enclosure. I'll post if I hear anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back