Douk Audio P7 amp
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #16 of 65
I would say no, Douk Audio sent me an email stating the power supply board needs to be redesigned.
They say they are going to look at it and update the amp. If they do then I'd buy it but not before. Mine lasted a month and I'm freakin anal. Another members amp failed on the second listen!

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #17 of 65
email from Douk Audio ~

Dear Michael
We have issued full refund before. Please check it.
We are sorry we just found its power board has design issue.
So we have suspended this listing.
We need to do more tests to upgrade the circuit design.
Hope for your kind understanding.
Best Regards
Yours Douk Audio

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #18 of 65
email from Douk Audio ~

Dear Michael
We have issued full refund before. Please check it.
We are sorry we just found its power board has design issue.
So we have suspended this listing.
We need to do more tests to upgrade the circuit design.
Hope for your kind understanding.
Best Regards
Yours Douk Audio
Ok thats a shame as you seemed to rave about it WHEN it was working lol

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #20 of 65
I really enjoyed this amp and the stock tubes sounded great as well, the Matched Russian 6n3 I got from feebay didn't sound as good and the RCA 6080 wasn't doing it for me either.
I was liking the Svetlana 6as7g power tube just before it died...
I wonder if they will mod the existing amps or just move on to something else they seem to have a lot of products.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #21 of 65
Looks like they took them off ebay, so that's good! Not a company that will continue selling failing amps.
I seriously hope they fix this unit I'd buy the revised model and get a new power board for the one I still have.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 65
I'm going to try and contact them through Instagram
Let's let them know they would have buyers if they can fix it!

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #23 of 65
I would say no, Douk Audio sent me an email stating the power supply board needs to be redesigned.
They say they are going to look at it and update the amp. If they do then I'd buy it but not before. Mine lasted a month and I'm freakin anal. Another members amp failed on the second listen!
£121 on ebay atm, plus amazon, I agree it looks gorgeous, I'm looking to replace my pha3, little £40 tube amp which actually sounds pretty good! I know the 1990s deserve better though

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #24 of 65
I paid $127. on Amazon and luckily they issued a full refund the next day after it died.
If they redesign this unit it could be a winner.

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #25 of 65
OK so I messaged Douk Audio and asked about the amp, could it be repaired? Could they send me a new power board? Are they going to come out with an update?
The response is limited at best. I was told the amp was pulled and a redesign was in the works but then I found the amp for sale again on ebay albeit under a slightly different name. I again reached out to Douk Audio and was told that these amps for sale on ebay are indeed the same as the one that failed on me. I purchased mine on Amazon and they are not available on Amazon at this time.
I was told to wait a month...not exactly sure what will happen in a month. Will they contact me? Will I and others be able to purchase a new power board for our failed amps?
Will a new amp be available for sale?
I don't know, I do know I liked this amp and would like to have it as part of my stable of equipment. I purchased new tubes and would love to roll them in and hear the differences.
I'll keep posting any info here.

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 65
Bit off topic, but anyone know why my P7 will only work when I put one tube in at a time? I have to remove all tubes then power on unit, insert one at a time. Only way to get tubes to glow. I've already replaced power supply (wall wart). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #27 of 65
I'd just be glad your amp works at all. I purchased mine from Amazon (thankfully) and was refunded immediately after the failure. I did drop the amp off to be repaired but have not heard back from the gentleman yet and its been several months so I'm assuming the amp has multiple issues and is not worth repairing.
Douk Audio never got back to me on my amp, which failed about a month into ownership. They would not respond to most emails and when they did respond it was always asking me to be patient and give them more time. It is obvious they are not going to redesign the P7 or offer up any type of customer service to its customers who purchased this amp.
I will never purchase anything from Douk Audio again in the future and consider them one of the reasons Chinese companies continue to get a bad reputation.

Aug 1, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #28 of 65
Bit off topic, but anyone know why my P7 will only work when I put one tube in at a time? I have to remove all tubes then power on unit, insert one at a time. Only way to get tubes to glow. I've already replaced power supply (wall wart). Any help would be greatly appreciated

likely the power supply has some kind of over-current protection function. if all tubes are there and you power it up, the total cold-filament current exceeds the limit and the supply shuts down. Add one tube, let it warm up (filament current drops), then add another tube can somehow walk the limit line and trick the power supply to not shut down. once warmed up, the total filament current drops within the allowed limit, so it stays on.

Which suggests that the power supply was just barely capable enough.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #29 of 65
As previous reply said just be glad it works at all! Bought mine off amazon thankfully and worked for about 4 hours then gave up the ghost , not powering up at all. Amazon pulled this off so obviously they were getting returns all the time. Not even sure if you can actually buy a P7 now? One positive that it actually sounded very good for all of the 4 hours i had it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back