double post? double post?
Jul 26, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by hongda
or you hit the back button and land on the submit page.

I had already attempted this as an experiment in the course of my philosophico-scientific investigation of the matter. The procedure you describe results in the message: "The moderator-gods forbid more than one submission per 30 second interval".
confused.gif
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #18 of 23
For me it used to happen when I hit the post button, found something wrong in the post, hit Stop on the browser hoping the post hasn't been sent out yet, edit the post, and hit post again. The first post was usually sent out anyway :|

So now I wait until the post has come out before editing it. Sometimes a pain in the ass but nowhere near as bad as if you have to delete a dp.

Oh and I've never been able to delete a post on this board.
confused.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 26, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #19 of 23
It's probably a quantum hyper-dimensional wormhole vortex in the giant magnetoresistive array that accesses the ferromagnetic platters in the hopefully multiprocessing remotely accessible hypertext data repositron.

Jul 26, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Joe Bloggs said...

For me it used to happen when I hit the post button, found something wrong in the post, hit Stop on the browser hoping the post hasn't been sent out yet, edit the post, and hit post again. The first post was usually sent out anyway :|

Yup, I've only made a few double posts here, but that's exactly how they happened.

Jul 26, 2002 at 3:46 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
It's probably a quantum hyper-dimensional wormhole vortex in the giant magnetoresistive array that accesses the ferromagnetic platters in the hopefully multiprocessing remotely accessible hypertext data repositron.

Jul 27, 2002 at 9:50 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1

Ohhhh, NOW I get it...

[/QUOTE]Ohhhh, NOW I get it... NOT SO EASY...The quantum hyper-dimensional wormhole vortex has gone a fatal error change into a *cockroach*hole vortex which caused the magnetoresistive array to lose it's resistence...this resulted into changing the ferromagnetic platters into cheese which got promptly eaten by the cockroaches inhabiting the *cockroach*hole vortex...very unfortunate indeed
frown.gif
...so now happens the uncredible and the multiprocessing remotely accessible hypertext data repositron gets processed only twice each time resulting in "double posts"- NOW YOU KNOW
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #23 of 23
i figured it out guys......its one of two things..

1)The forum has been used so much its gotten fingerprints and dust all over and needs to be cleaned resulting in a double post

or...

2)Its when the *new* cable gets plugged in....

biggrin.gif

ray
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back