Double Helix Cables Thread
Mar 7, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #1,741 of 2,056
Dude read the thread, over the years we went from long lead to crazy long lead times to now a bit more respectable lead times. I think at one point 6-12 months wait times.... but competition at this quality and price point has increased, so the market will and does take care of customer concerns.
How is this ok? If it's for custom cables I can completely understand considering the time and effort. But if those are wait times for dyi components then thats just not right.

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #1,742 of 2,056
DHC's primary business is custom cables. So selling parts is secondary.

In the past Peter had a hard time keeping up with orders. But he has caught up and filling orders quickly. So I would send him a friendly email asking for status on your order.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,743 of 2,056
DHC's primary business is custom cables. So selling parts is secondary.

In the past Peter had a hard time keeping up with orders. But he has caught up and filling orders quickly. So I would send him a friendly email asking for status on your order.
What is the limit for a Friendly Email reminder?
10, 20, 30?
If you can't fulfill the bins then return money back to customers, PERIOD. Don't be greedy took the money and let customers hang...

It just look real bad reputation for the vendor. I would be embarrassed if I am the owner.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,744 of 2,056
Recently I had bought prion 4 cable for my meze empyrean. Based on meze reviews, I had lot of expectations for meze empyrean. Though I like the sound, it sounded like less detailed. Some grain or hardness was always present. With prion 4, I liked meze empyrean a lot. Nothing is a problem anymore. This cable has smooth, liquid, relaxed sound with tons of details. Everything is clear. No grain or hardness. Peter has guided me with the right info. When I planned to buy lot of adapters unnecessarily, he guided me to buy the right ones. Recently I had bought sparkos aries amp. The sound was better than chord hugo tt2 with mscaler. But prion 4 had ensured that I can get 100% of this amp's benefits. Prion 4 is a solid recommended buy.

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #1,745 of 2,056
Recently I had bought prion 4 cable for my meze empyrean. Based on meze reviews, I had lot of expectations for meze empyrean. Though I like the sound, it sounded like less detailed. Some grain or hardness was always present. With prion 4, I liked meze empyrean a lot. Nothing is a problem anymore. This cable has smooth, liquid, relaxed sound with tons of details. Everything is clear. No grain or hardness. Peter has guided me with the right info. When I planned to buy lot of adapters unnecessarily, he guided me to buy the right ones. Recently I had bought sparkos aries amp. The sound was better than chord hugo tt2 with mscaler. But prion 4 had ensured that I can get 100% of this amp's benefits. Prion 4 is a solid recommended buy.
Maybe, it's my Thanksgiving gift later.....

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #1,747 of 2,056
anyone here tried the symbiote elite 19 fusion? wondering how the copper silver mix sounds on that huge monstrosity if a cable

I had the silver one. I can say the fusion will be more warmer and bassier. I think if you want both worlds fusion is best. I am also on the feeling that the fusion will be slightly more musical as well.

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,749 of 2,056
anyone here tried the symbiote elite 19 fusion? wondering how the copper silver mix sounds on that huge monstrosity if a cable
I have symbiote elite 19 silver. My dap is plenue l and my iem is solaris. Both of them are not neutral. Plenue L has natural tonality that provides warm feel. So pure silver cable has a synergy with these gears. So I didn't get a feeling of brightness or lack of bass.

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #1,750 of 2,056
How is your complement C sounds compared to silver cables?

Its still in production awaiting, soon it be ready. Not long left to wait.

The Symbiote elite 19 silver was never bright for me and had a very transparant sound carachter. It made everything sound more clean, dynamic and powerfull. Details where easy to discern. Vocals are sublime!

It is a silver cable that has some copper feel like to it. Though I still think the fusion would a more musical and a winner in the long run.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #1,751 of 2,056
Is there any coincidence that dhc and norne audio have similar wait time issues with cables?

one could be confused that it’s the same company or that they out source their cable making. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening bit there is some parallels (including happy customers who have bought and received their cables)

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #1,753 of 2,056
I have symbiote elite 19 silver. My dap is plenue l and my iem is solaris. Both of them are not neutral. Plenue L has natural tonality that provides warm feel. So pure silver cable has a synergy with these gears. So I didn't get a feeling of brightness or lack of bass.
had solaris too, i can see why silver would work in them however i can see the fusion being great on them too!

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #1,754 of 2,056
Fusion is soft and a nice feel. I have it on my wife’s 846. I use v3 on my encores.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,755 of 2,056
had? did you sell yours? also yeah i agree with you

Had cause I sold my noirs and bought tia Fourté og so I also replaced my silver cable for compliment C. Cause for me fourte og sounds better with full Copper cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back