Dorm Room Speakers?
Nov 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HumblexTurtle

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone :). I am currently in college, and I am looking for an awesome speaker setup for my dorm. I was thinking of a 2.1 system or maybe 2.0 system. I don't have enough room for a 5.1 or 7.1 system. My speakers are for music and movies/television. I do listen to dubstep, so I do enjoy bass, but I listen to other music as well (Rise Against, Reggae, Coldplay, and so on).

So far, I have been looking at the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Budget: $150 ($100 sweet spot)

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Either the Promedias or a used/reasonable pair of studio monitors like M-Audio are going to do pretty well as they don't really require a separate amp or any gear, with the right cable you can even hook monitors directly to an iPod.  

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 5
There's always bass boost/eq.  If you want real bass, adding a small sub later is the way to go.   Even most big bookshelf speakers have pretty anemic bass compared to any sub.  Finding a tiny sunfire sub for cheap should be a life goal and even the teeniest one will eat your children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back