Doodlebug - USB Isolator
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #226 of 305
  Tom is like the anti-Light Harmonics!  Fulfill existing obligations and orders first, release new products second, despite community demand.  Business ethics remain alive and well in Atlanta 
beerchug.gif

Pretty funny. True, also. I like Bottlehead's model better than LH's.

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #234 of 305
I ordered 1 as well.
A nice option would be to offer the complete kit without the enclosure, like how the PuP was offered.
I can see building several of these to integrate into one case with a PuP or O2/Odac. I'd be a
buyer of a couple more without cases.

Thanks for another great, ready to build project.

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #235 of 305
Quote:
  I ordered 1 as well.
A nice option would be to offer the complete kit without the enclosure, like how the PuP was offered.
I can see building several of these to integrate into one case with a PuP or O2/Odac. I'd be a
buyer of a couple more without cases.

Thanks for another great, ready to build project.

Thanks for the order and the kind comment!

EDIT: Never mind about the rant - moment of weakness, I guess.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #236 of 305
Where can the PCB's be ordered from?  I have an ODAC that I'd be curious to try with it.  

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #238 of 305
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #239 of 305
I think there's a huge potential here that may not have been previously mentioned. This should enable powering the pupDAC using USB on the go, from a mobile device, right, without completely draining the phone immediately, and without the likely crappy power coming off the phone(/wallwart that some OTG adapters can handle)?

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #240 of 305
I think there's a huge potential here that may not have been previously mentioned. This should enable powering the pupDAC using USB on the go, from a mobile device, right, without completely draining the phone immediately, and without the likely crappy power coming off the phone(/wallwart that some OTG adapters can handle)?

Yes, indeed. You just have to observe the minimum input voltage requirements.
It would run quite nicely off 12 volt vehicle power. For DC, anywhere between
9 vdc and 12vdc would work great. Just don't exceed the working voltage of the
input cap which is 16vdc in the BOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back