Don't you love cool packaging?
Oct 25, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 27
maybe I was overstating my dislike for the hd600 box. Put it this way: its ok.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 27
LOL, so the Grado mini adapter gets better packaging than their RS1
tongue.gif

Went to a Grado dealer today BTW. They seem to be packaged all the same, from the SR60 to the 325 and RS1 / 2, except the RS boxes are bigger (?)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 26, 2002 at 6:05 AM Post #19 of 27
I've seen a couple of the original Grado RS-1 wooden boxes on ebay going for over $100.00.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 26, 2002 at 9:37 AM Post #20 of 27
kin3tix:
You "take away" (pun intended!) that front logo which is the only thing indicating it's contents, it might as well be Pizza inside!

JMT:
Next time you see it, give me a shout!
wink.gif

Joe Bloggs:
The RS series headphones comes in a slightly larger & alot more rigid/stronger pizza box (sorry!) than the SR series.

Oct 26, 2002 at 10:02 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
keep in mind, I'm in the US, you're in the UK.

Not to throw the thread off-topic again... but,

Don't forget we're in the UK, and you're in the US ~ when you're saying how great Grado value is... we pay 45% more here, than you do there... for the exact same product ~ and you wonder why I think the SR125s suck... $1000 for the RS1?? no thank you!!

Oct 26, 2002 at 1:50 PM Post #23 of 27
Duncan: of course, I'm not complaining. I'm just making the point that the HD600s(and all sennheiser phones, for that matter) are more expensive here than there.

Oct 27, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #24 of 27
I don't care what the packaging looks like; just how durable, and long lasting it is. I have a habit of keeping all my packaging for everything I buy. I wish someone would come up with a better alternative to foam that was stronger. Man, I'm picky!

Oct 27, 2002 at 10:57 AM Post #25 of 27
I prefer the cheapest packaging they can use. Just enough to protect the product until it's in my sweaty little hands.

Don't forget, all that fancy packaging has to be paid for. It's either added to the price of the product, or the product is made cheaper. I dont like either option.

BTW, an Exacto knife gets into blister packs pretty well.

My $0.04

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #26 of 27
Keep in mind that nice packaging is also known as a marketing gimmick to help justify absurd high prices.

There was a study on Beats headphones and there was an analysis of their nice packaging and it was deemed as part of the gimmicky facade.

Also, excessive nice packaging is not the best thing for the environment (if that concerns an individual).

Personally I am never impressed with nice packaging. It wouldn’t bother me if it was packed with old newspapers or egg cartons for shipping padding.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #27 of 27
I know this is off topic but wondering are any of the previous posters on this thread, pre spareribs, still on headfi?
and what equipment did you own when you last posted on this thread v now (Say your most used gear).

i may have had a sony discman in those days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back