Don't you love cool packaging?
Oct 24, 2002 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

pj325is

Head-Fier
To me, nothing leaves a better first impression of a product than opening the box and looking at the packaging, like today i just got my grado mini adapter cable and since it's just a $15 thing i was expecting it to just be tossed in a box for shipping..

but it came in a sealed vinyl pouch with "GRADO PRESTIGE MINI ADAPTER CABLE" on it, and that just screamed quality to me..

..maybe they should put pop-tarts in a sealed vinyl pouch and call them "KELLOGG'S PRESTIGE BREAKFAST DELIVERY SYSTEM"

Oct 24, 2002 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 27
lol, I too love pretty packaging. I got my clou blues last week, and I was a little bit disappointed that they only came in a little plastic bag.

Oct 24, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

..maybe they should put pop-tarts in a sealed vinyl pouch and call them "KELLOGG'S PRESTIGE BREAKFAST DELIVERY SYSTEM"

But they still won't be as good as Toaster Strudel.
wink.gif

Anyway, I agree that quality packaging is usually a sign of a quality product. Alhtough you can still get a quality product without quality packaging. The one thing I don't like about my Senn 580s is that they came in a cheap plastic package.

Oct 24, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 27
Nah, the HD580 packaging wasn't bad. Mine was a cardboard box with a plastic window thingy. Be happy it wasnt a blister pack, those things are AWFUL and almost impossible to open without a really big knife. I absolutely hate them.

Oct 24, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 27
Yeah, I agree. Blister packs are the devil, and I always get queasy when its time to return them. Afraid that stores won't take em, etc.

Anyway, I think the 580s really deserved better packaging. Heck, even the hd600s don't get that great of a box.

Oct 25, 2002 at 10:29 AM Post #12 of 27
Yes cool packaging is, well, COOL
cool.gif

... but, some cool (expensive) stuff is definitely is not in cool packaging. Like? Grado RS-1 that's what! Yeessh! What were they thinking. I know this has been discussed before but man... at least make a little bit more effort than this!

outside.jpg

Inside.jpg

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 27
Even my Beyer 250-80 came in a better box than those Grado's.
I am hoping to find out what box the HD580 comes in today. I really hope they get here today.

I thought the wrapping on The Vines- Highly Evolved cd was cool. I thought I was getting a cd with a black simple label but it was just the plastic wrap. The album it's self was a totally different look. Bad Religion's cd The process of Belief has an outer soft plastic sleeve over a regular jewel case. I think that it would be useful for keeping the jewel case in nice condition, but it's a pain to use so it sits in a drawer. I like the inovation though.

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:26 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Heck, even the hd600s don't get that great of a box.

have you ever seen the box? heh it has to be one of the coolest cases i have ever seen and it's even re-usable and sturdy. you must be expecting a box like the r10's, which would probably cost $450 by itself..

the etymotics have a great box too. and i like the highly evolved album's packaging as well. i almost considered buying another copy and keeping it unwrapped.. it's very cool looking.

i was dumb and didn't save the cellophane like i often do.

i did that for marilyn manson's album mechanical animals. clear blue cellophane is just cool looking.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back