Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22
Jun 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #18 of 24
she was very rude to me as well the last time I was there. Was trying out the HE 1000 and after I told her I was only looking to listen she basically told me to come back when I had the intention of buying. I avoided her today and enjoyed the exhibits a lot.

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #19 of 24
she was very rude to me as well the last time I was there. Was trying out the HE 1000 and after I told her I was only looking to buy she basically told me to come back when I had the intention of buying. I avoided her today and enjoyed the exhibits a lot.

It is the owner's wife and she is a real problem (for the store that is). The owner, Dave is actually a very nice guy as are many of the salespeople. I was at the event and other than needing to avoid her, th event was quite good. I am somewhat sympathetic to a high-end store trying to weed out potential customers from tire kickers when deciding to set up demos of highs-end gear. But when you invite people into your House for an event then you need to be gracious and lay off the high-pressure and ineffective sales tactics. As far as I could tell all of the salespeople understood this; the only one who didn't get the memo (andnever does) is the wife. When I am less tired I can give some more details but she was less than gracious to me even though I have been buying from SE for over 25 years and just bought a headphone for my wife from them a few weeks ago out of loyalty to some of their sales people (even though I could get cheapeor online). So don't take it personally; she is obnoxious to everyone.

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 24
It is the owner's wife and she is a real problem (for the store that is). The owner, Dave is actually a very nice guy as are many of the salespeople. I was at the event and other than needing to avoid her, th event was quite good. I am somewhat sympathetic to a high-end store trying to weed out potential customers from tire kickers when deciding to set up demos of highs-end gear. But when you invite people into your House for an event then you need to be gracious and lay off the high-pressure and ineffective sales tactics. As far as I could tell all of the salespeople understood this; the only one who didn't get the memo (andnever does) is the wife. When I am less tired I can give some more details but she was less than gracious to me even though I have been buying from SE for over 25 years and just bought a headphone for my wife from them a few weeks ago out of loyalty to some of their sales people (even though I could get cheapeor online). So don't take it personally; she is obnoxious to everyone.

Yeah that's just her personality and I get that but my previous experience left me bitter. Today I had a blast listening to the Chord Hugo and Hifiman Editon X, I actually prefer it to the HE 1000. The Woo Audio room and the Auralic stack were also a joy to listen to. They were suppose to have a raffle in store at 7:30 but when the clock hit the mark the salesman told me that they will be having the raffle tomorrow and they will just email the winners. Kind of dissapointing but it is what it is. Overall I had a great experience and I hope everyone who attended had one too. I personally won't be going there to shop around but will attend a similar event if they decide to have one in the future.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #21 of 24
Delete

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #24 of 24
Hi,
I just got to this.  Sorry was traveling and working in the head office for a couple weeks.  Glad your day was good though on our end at least.  Hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back