Don't Grados come with a Lifetime Warranty?
Jan 8, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #46 of 51
I don't anticipate buying any headphones from Canadian retailers ever again. I bought my first SR-80s Canadian and paid way too much($175CAD, after haggling).

Besides, what's the point when it's so easy to find what I need here on the trade forums. As well, many US companies treat Canadian customers very well.

Jan 8, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #47 of 51
National sound in Toronto sells Grados for:
SR125 $180CDN
SR225 $250CDN
SR325 $299 CDN (Cheaper than U.S. )
RS 2 for $550 CDN.
I've bought 125's and 325 (old silver ones) from this store and highly recommend it. He pretty much has to order anything above SR 80's, but it only takes a few days to get them in. As far as I know National is an authorized dealer.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #48 of 51
Bit off topic, but Grados are not the only headphone company to have higher MSRP for their products outside of native country. For example, outside of Japan, MSRP's for Stax products are usually twice that of Japan. The MSRP for Omega II's are bit over $4000 here in the US.

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Bit off topic, but Grados are not the only headphone company to have higher MSRP for their products outside of native country. For example, outside of Japan, MSRP's for Stax products are usually twice that of Japan. The MSRP for Omega II's are bit over $4000 here in the US.

True, but Grado are an extreme case imo.

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller-8
True, but Grado are an extreme case imo.

Only so because Grado keeps very close tabs on their resellers. They very firmly enforce their nigh-draconian distributor policy, which lets things like this go on unmitigated. When you've cornered the market, you've won the price war.

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Only so because Grado keeps very close tabs on their resellers. They very firmly enforce their nigh-draconian distributor policy, which lets things like this go on unmitigated. When you've cornered the market, you've won the price war.

True. there have actually been posters on here banned because they imported Grados into UK at vastly reduced prices and sold them to other members. Do a search for ROSSOred, notice he is banned but never said anything against the rules in any of his posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back