Don't Grados come with a Lifetime Warranty?
Dec 30, 2005 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier
A few weeks ago I brought my SR-60's back to where I purchased them (Bay Bloor Radio) to have them sent in for repairs because the right earphone kept cutting out if I would move my head at all.

Anyways, I just received a phone call from BBR telling me that they arrived and that I'd have to pay a whopping $45 plus tax for the repair.

First of all, don't all Grados come with a lifetime warranty?

Secondly, I'm sorry but that's friggin' ridiculous. I spent $150 Canadian (after tax) when I first bought the pair 4-5 years ago and they want me to fork over another $52?

That'll bring the total cost above $200 CDN (about $173 US). We're talking about SR-60's here. For that price you can almost get a pair of SR-225's.

It's amazing how I have to spend a total of $200 CDN on a headphone that has an MSRP of $69 US while I just spent only $250 (including shipping and customs) on a headphone with an MSRP of $369 US (A900s). When a pair of SR-60s plus repair costs nearly as much as a pair of ATH-A900's, which are much higher end and even needed to be imported from Japan, SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG.

(Can you tell that I'm frustrated? Heh.)

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 51
Sorry to say but i believe they all come with one year warranty unless grado offeres extended warranty's.I was lucky to have my RS-1's under warranty when they came apart.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 51
I got my A900 for $200. OK maybe I was wrong maybe it was this thread I have a bad feeling about.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 51
I've taken them in for repair before (this is the second time), though.

Last year I had a more severe problem in which the driver cut out completely (this time it was just intermittently) and I took it back to BBR, they shipped it out, had it repaired, and it didn't cost me a penny. That was already about 3 years after I had first purchased the headphones.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd
I've taken them in for repair before (this is the second time), though.

Last year I had a more severe problem in which the driver cut out completely (this time it was just intermittently) and I took it back to BBR, they shipped it out, had it repaired, and it didn't cost me a penny. That was already about 3 years after I had first purchased the headphones.

ok the way I see it. If you like the sound, which there aren't other headphones that have the same sound. You have to deal with some BS. If you can't deal with BS, then goto a different headphone. I wish they had different policies, QA, build quality, and cases but I do like there sound, so I have there headphones.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #10 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd
Out of curiosity, who decides on the cost of repair? Is it Grado charging me the $45 or is it BBR?

I can't imagine BBR is making anything off of them. They are doing this as a service to keep your busniess.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #11 of 51
No its a 1-year. Take it or leave it.

You spent HOW much for an SR60??
eek.gif
eek.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
I can't imagine BBR is making anything off of them. They are doing this as a service to keep your busniess.

You've obviously never dealt with Bay Bloor Radio... They suck.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
You spent HOW much for an SR60??
eek.gif
eek.gif

Tell me about it...

When I picked them up, a pair of SR60 ran for $129.99 CDN. Since then, they've lowered the price to 'only' $119.99. However, if you consider the fact that the American dollar is significantly lower by comparison right now, the headphones are even more of a ripoff now.

At 86 cents on the dollar, a pair of SR-60's at BBR currently run for about $103 US before tax. And we have to pay 15% sales tax as well.

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
You've obviously never dealt with Bay Bloor Radio... They suck.

... and WAY overpriced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back