Dont find Hifiman HE500 that amazing ? recommend me some song ?
Oct 7, 2013 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

oopeteroo

500+ Head-Fier
I have a Hifiman he500 with Audio-dg NFB-11.32‏. But iam not that amazed by it :/
maybe its my mp3/flac thats bad. Usually listen to vocal music, jpop, kpop, ballad..

can anyone link me some good song that will do well with he500 so i can taste the amazing he500 everyone is talking about ?:p

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 17
It's unlikely to be your MP3/FLAC that's bad--least of all the latter. It could just be that you don't care for the sound, as I didn't. Or maybe it needs burn in, or possibly the Jerg mod. Either way you need a headphone that satisfactorily plays the music you already have.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 17
  It's unlikely to be your MP3/FLAC that's bad--least of all the latter. It could just be that you don't care for the sound, as I didn't. Or maybe it needs burn in, or possibly the Jerg mod. Either way you need a headphone that satisfactorily plays the music you already have.

hmm and what headphone will that be ?:p

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 17
What were you expecting out of the HE-500's?  To be honest, I find most of my new headphones lacking compared to it.  I really miss my pair
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 17

hmm and what headphone will that be ?:p

Well,  it'll be the headphone that satisfactorily plays the music....oh never mind.
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 17
Have you tried different gear with it? Amp/dac? 

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 17
  lol but i asked here before i bought the he500 :p u all recommended this for my music taste :p

I'm also listening to Jpop and I didn't like the HE500 either. True, the reviews suggest that it should be good, but when I actually listen to it the sound was just off. Find myself liking the W3000ANV (which I'm owning) a lot more, but just my two cents.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm not a fan of K/J pop with the HE-500 myself. The W1000x or my TH900 I listen to it on. The HE-500 will do better with more complex music like Jazz, Progressive Rock, Classical etc. I wonder if it has to do with the upper mids dip, which may affect some of the Kpop/Jpop vocalists? Mind you it is probably showing up the genres flaws as they are usually not that well recorded.

Might be worth checking out the Audio Technica W1000x, Fostex TH600 or similar for "fun" genres (especially female pop).

For the kind of music that excels with the Hifiman I quite like this on them

Very far from your tastes I know. Just an Example.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 17
I have a Hifiman he500 with Audio-dg NFB-11.32‏. But iam not that amazed by it :/
maybe its my mp3/flac thats bad. Usually listen to vocal music, jpop, kpop, ballad..

can anyone link me some good song that will do well with he500 so i can taste the amazing he500 everyone is talking about ?:p
Might I suggest giving them a few days of continuous break in. Then give them a listen. If both the A-gd and the cans are new, they will be all over the place until the electronics and the cans settle down. If you give them some time and still don't like them, then they aren't for you.

What are you used to listening to, gear wise?

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #14 of 17
  J-Pop and K-Pop have the potential to be very bad sound-wise.  I don't think you should try to find songs that suit your headphone though, that's ass-backwards.

oh oki, na i just want to try out some good track that is good with he500 :p

And you don't have to listen to what they think is best for you either.

yeah but i have asked around and read a lot, sad thing i cant try headphones out before i buy where i live.

What were you expecting out of the HE-500's?  To be honest, I find most of my new headphones lacking compared to it.  I really miss my pair
frown.gif

Have you tried different gear with it? Amp/dac? 

noppe, only have the 11.32 and a Odac/o2 but dont think this will drive them well ?
  I'm not a fan of K/J pop with the HE-500 myself. The W1000x or my TH900 I listen to it on. The HE-500 will do better with more complex music like Jazz, Progressive Rock, Classical etc. I wonder if it has to do with the upper mids dip, which may affect some of the Kpop/Jpop vocalists? Mind you it is probably showing up the genres flaws as they are usually not that well recorded.

Might be worth checking out the Audio Technica W1000x, Fostex TH600 or similar for "fun" genres (especially female pop).

For the kind of music that excels with the Hifiman I quite like this on them

Very far from your tastes I know. Just an Example.

thx :p i will check those headphones out

Might I suggest giving them a few days of continuous break in. Then give them a listen. If both the A-gd and the cans are new, they will be all over the place until the electronics and the cans settle down. If you give them some time and still don't like them, then they aren't for you.

What are you used to listening to, gear wise?

i had my 11.32 a few months and i bought the he500 2nd hand :p so i think they are broken in, yeah maybe im just not used to it.
i have odac/o2, but only used 11.32 since i got it a few months back with cd900st

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #15 of 17
Maybe your expectation was too high?

or

Maybe the 11.32 + HE-500 doesn't have the synergy you want?

The HE-500 on my rig sounds crazy awesome. I would never sell it unless I needed the money badly. I consider it the best dollar/performance out of all the spending I did on Head-Fi. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back