Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jul 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #167 of 283
Fiio, can you confirm that the E6 I received was a fake? It was purchased from a company that you said you supply. I really don't know what's going on.

Hopefully the one I get on Thursday is good or else I'm going to call it quits on the E6.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #169 of 283
Quote:
today I got my Fiio E6 from JMS International inc. (same as DIGI MALL USA.). and it seems to be normal I guess. 

Does it have a stamp in the manual under quality certificication? Serial number on the side of the box? Mine had none of these.
Mine looked 100% genuine until I looked inside.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #170 of 283
Quote:

Does it have a stamp in the manual under quality certificication? Serial number on the side of the box? Mine had none of these.
Mine looked 100% genuine until I looked inside.

yes, it has a stamp and a serial number too. furthermore, the manual came folded in a "correct" way and everything on the outside looks like a genuine fiio e6 (the markings, the ridge on the button, usb port), except for the loop, which isn't thick, but doesn't look as thin as it is on the pictures too... but I don't think that it is not genuine - it could just be my perception of "thickness" :D

also, feiao said that the store I've ordered from is official dealer, so no worries there...

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #171 of 283
Let's see the guts. That will tell us for sure. C'mon, take it off. Take it ALL off. 
cool.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #173 of 283
Why isn't Fiio replying? I guess I will PM them.

I bought another E6 today from yet another person they claim to supply (Emusic).

No serial number on the side. There is a sticker on a film that contains 10 letters and numbers. It's on the back.
No stamp in manual.

Fiio, what's going on?

Maybe there is a screwup at the factory and not every side has a serial number or stamp in the manual.

People should be able to trust a company Fiio claims to supply right?

If this is another fake I'm not buying any more Fiio stuff.

Maybe the internal design of the amp has changed (and is identical to the one I posted).

The insides of the other E6 looks 100% identical to the photo of the fake Fiio has posted.

Both of these have come from companies Fiio supplies.

EDIT:

My guess is that, even if it's from a trusted seller, but still listed as "fullfilled by Amazon" you could still get a fake.
Perhaps Amazon mixes up inventory. This been just one big hassle. There's only a 10% chance this one is not a fake...

I mean what are the chances of 2 fakes in a row..that's insane..maybe Fiio accidentally forgot serial numbers and stamps in the manual.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #174 of 283
You should have read this entire thread before buying. I bought from EMUSIC and FiiO was back and forth evasive about whether or not it was fake so I posted a pic of the guts and it turned out to be fake. Luckily Amazon is working with me.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #175 of 283
Quote:
Let's see the guts. That will tell us for sure. C'mon, take it off. Take it ALL off. 
cool.gif

Dunno, I'm not very comfortable with the idea of taking it apart. if it had some screws I would do it, but it is just some glued together plastic, right? I've had nothing but terrible experience with those kinds of things... so yeah - I won't do it, there is no chance I'd ever do it 
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #176 of 283
Quote:
This is really annoying.
I bought mine from "EverythingDeals" and it was fullfilled by Amazon. They had lots of feedback. Didn't read the article about fakes until today.

Looks genuine and i've compared the pictures.

The plastic box has a serial number, but on the back. The back has a plastic film with a labeled serial number on it and a bar code.
Serial: B005HJWWW8

The manual looks original, but no qualified certificate stamp on it. The area is blank.

The usb port is flush, but the ridge on the switch is thin. The EQ/power label is straight.

The sound is perfectly OK. Is there an easy way to crack this open without destroying it?

Looks genuine to me. Nothing is jumping out at me saying "fake" unless they got better at faking it.

UPDATE: I cracked it open. I guess those "fakers" are getting smarter. The USB jack has no insulation on it. Comparing it more now. Seriously this one must be nearly an exact clone or something externally. Not 100% sure yet. Trying to get a picture.

Some pictures:

No covering over usb plug and there's a piece of foam on one of the chips. The genuine photo didn't seem to have that.
The copper colored plugs also look like the fake.

About 95% sure this is a fake now.

Externally about almost everyone would assume it's genuine. I was almost sure of it, but I popped it open. The manual looks like an original.

BTW after I popped it open it doesn't go back together. Broken.

EDIT: Fiio says they supply EverythingDeals (it's in this thread), so I don't know what's going on. Plan on returning it anyway. Free postage from Amazon.

I'm sure Fiio will give confirmation if the above is fake. Even if it's not fake, it's broken anyway. If it's not, it makes no sense why it would be identical to the fake that's posted here.

I think i'm too trustworthy of fullfilled by Amazon retailers with thousands of positive feedbacks.

This is a fake FiiO E6, and the battey is marked with DPT but not KXD, and all our E6 come with SN lable, but maybe there are some retailer remove it to avoid being tracked by FiiO. 

Our distributor did supply to everythingdeals , but I think they also purchase from some unknown source. too sad that it is not safe again to buy from everthingdeals again.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #177 of 283
Yeah I'm kind of the same way. Thought I would totally break it if I tried to crack the case. Once Amazon credited my account I decided What and tried it.  It was very easy. Just used a very small screwdriver and wedged it along the crack very gently. Came right apart. No glue at all. The only problem (and it was a very small problem) was repositioning the power switch as it kind of falls out when you open the case. But not hard to put it back and snap the case back together.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #178 of 283
I'm glad I bought from Micca store.
L3000.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #179 of 283
Quote:
Yeah I'm kind of the same way. Thought I would totally break it if I tried to crack the case. Once Amazon credited my account I decided What and tried it.  It was very easy. Just used a very small screwdriver and wedged it along the crack very gently. Came right apart. No glue at all. The only problem (and it was a very small problem) was repositioning the power switch as it kind of falls out when you open the case. But not hard to put it back and snap the case back together.

Fake? Or was it identical to mine?

I would have bought my 2nd one from Micca, but they were out of stock.

I'm hoping Amazon doesn't mix up inventory on the E6 for every one "Fullfilled by Amazon".

If Micca is still out of stock i'll try headroom and have them physically check for a serial on the side before shipment. I trust them, but they charge $28 for them.

I'll pop this 2nd one open, but 99% sure it's another fake.

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #180 of 283
The 2nd one I received today was from Emusic enterprise. Definitely fake.
100% identical inside and out as the other one I just had! Even the battery.

I asked Amazon if they somehow mix up the inventory for every E6 if it's fulfilled by Amazon. I can't imagine why they would do this.

Both had this sticker on the back on a piece of plastic film. The number is identical on both. Not a serial number.
In the booklet under "certificate" it's listed as V01 and not V02. Different number below and no stamp.

Back to UPS store again...luckily free shipping.

Here's a poor scan of it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back