Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jun 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #62 of 283
Good Odd News everyone.

My Fiio E6 came from SMI Corp today. And guess what! Mine has a serial number sticker and the genuine Manual. 

So unlike the other guy who ordered from SMI Corp and got no S/N I did. So what does this mean? Even the people who sell these don't know they are getting fakes. Someone somwhere is making fakes and selling them? 

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #64 of 283
Yes I know they said "no known fakes" for the E17 but I now have an E6 with 3 or 4 (not 100% sure about the user manual as it was kind of mashed up in the bottom of a drawer) of the fake signs but "real" guts. So is mine fake? Paritally fake? Mostly real? Just MOSTLY dead?
wink.gif

Will I buy an E17 and find a thread here in a few months showing weird little widget things about it that may or may not be indications of fakery?  I've already read threads talking about crooked screens and other little first gen. manufacturing glitches. Kinda hard to know who or what to believe.

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #66 of 283
Very true. And thus far Amazon has been very good working with me regarding this. They've treated me much better than I expected. Yeah I'll prolly pull the trigger and get my first "real" (lol)  headphone amp. Hope it pairs well with my modded Senn 580 Precisions. :)  (Oh, and for anyone reading this thread cause they're thinking about the E6...it's a great little amp. I use it on my gym rig with a 2nd gen Nano with LOD and on EQ2 it rocks!)

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #69 of 283
I was looking to buy a Fiio E6 today, luckily google led me here.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #73 of 283
I'd like someone to verify that the E10 from SMI Corp is OK.  I bought mine in April via Amazon.  Seems OK, but I'd like to be sure.

I have both a serial number on the packaging and a proper looking manual.

Still, like to see someone chime in that SMI is a proper dealer.

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #75 of 283
I am one of the victim of a fake Fiio E6!! I talked to amazon about it on the same day I read this thread and they gave me a refund for it and returning it. The fake one is exactly what it looks like from the main post. There's no sound quality improvements except a good bass enhancement. However, if anyone can tell the sound quality differences between the real and fake one as I am planning to reorder an authentic one, or I might have to upgrade to a E7 or E11....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back