dongle usb with least battery drain
Sep 30, 2023 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
Hi i am running a usb dongle (veclan odessey hd) from my kindle fire and wonder if there is another dongle which will have less battery drain? I alos have access to a A&K pee51

d

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 5
The least performance an USB dongle has, the more likely the least power drain it will be. Out of the 10+ or so USB dongle I measured, the one that has the least power drain is the stock dongle that come with my Xperia 5. Needless to say, it is also barely qualified as decent. The question is, do you think you can live with USB dongle of such low quality?

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi i am running a usb dongle (veclan odessey hd) from my kindle fire and wonder if there is another dongle which will have less battery drain? I alos have access to a A&K pee51

d
I'm not familiar your dongle but I'm using iBasso DC03Pro which has optimised power management. It takes just 380mW. Ok, it's not the most powerful output, but is perfectly fine for IEMs that I use. SQ is pretty good for the sub US$100 price, IMO.
1696949868228.png

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm connecting this dongle to my HiBy R3II music player every day. Usually, these micro music players would be drained by these dongles rather quickly but I still manage to maintain the multi-day battery of the R3II, so from my very unscientific test, I think the battery drain is quite okay. Sound quality can be found in my review.

TBH, given your gear, I would recommend Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter (a.k.a, "Apple dongle"). If you want more rugged version, you can have a look at ddHifi line up with the same DAC chip (https://cn.ddhifi.com/en/Product-Category-en/converter-en/dac-converter-en/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back