Don Scorpio Dolphins
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #47 of 80

Wait, so you did not buy this pair of Dolphins from Penon but rather from some other store, it cracked, and now you need a help to replace it under warranty?

Either way, I know from reading other posts on Head-fi that Penon was able to help a number of people who didn't even buy headphones from them.  That store is authorized dealer for so many different manufacturers, sometime they help other users to work through warranty process.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but it worth a try instead of throwing these away - just pay for shipping to Penon if they agree to take care of it.  Email them at: penonaudio@hotmail.com and explain what happened.  Their support is top notch.  And honestly, Dolphins are worth fixing.  I have so many headphones in my collection, and still use them on a daily basis.

Oh, and that pictures you quoted above is from my XDA review :)  I remember someone replied after my review with a marker around what they considered as a "weak" spot :wink:

That's nice, thank you ! I think I will contact do this if the warranty doesn't work if the chinese guys !
Lol, didn't know this was your review, it's actually a nice one :p

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #48 of 80
+1 for Penon Audio. Excellent service.

And they even sent some of us repeat buyers at Head-Fi Xmas cards with a short handwritten note. How's that for the personal touch? :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #51 of 80
+1 for Penon Audio. Excellent service.

And they even sent some of us repeat buyers at Head-Fi Xmas cards with a short handwritten note. How's that for the personal touch?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, Penon Audio seems to be a nice seller !

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #52 of 80

The foam mod was a nice mod to do if just for the better comfort. It was fun and frustrating at the same time to get some of the pads off least for me. It is totally reverseable just the pads ain't the easiest thing to get off every time.

Well, i'm not that brave to "open" a headset that I love :xf_eek:

Also bad for warranty.

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #55 of 80
That's nice, I will try to win the warranty tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I will buy on Penon Audio the Luminous Ocean or the Champagne Gold version, depends which one is the most beautiful ! :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #57 of 80
  That's nice, I will try to win the warranty tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I will buy on Penon Audio the Luminous Ocean or the Champagne Gold version, depends which one is the most beautiful ! :)

Penon was securely packaged and delivery was fast, much faster than some HP's i ordered from China 1 week prior, they arrived 2 weeks after the dolphins.
On the website you can adjust the currency to E/£/$ etc.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #58 of 80
I have just paired these with a JDS Labs C5D. Now I'm laughing lol :)
Anyway, back to topic, they sound absolutely fantastic, and these are 3rd of the price of said momentums etc, and the like, and they are warm, Musial, extend well both ways and respond well to amplification, though this is not necessary (but you won't catch me running them direct from a phone :wink: ). Nautral if thats what you like (though not ananlitical),, but pump some bass, mid or treble into them and they become what you need. Withium doubt a highly recommended intro phone into the audiophile world. All of course IMO. Enjoy peeps

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #59 of 80
Hey everyone 
Penon Audio just answered me, they said I need to send it to China in order to repair it ! I don't know for the moment how much will cost the repair but I'm not sure this is a good affair according to the price for sending it to China and sending it back to France... It's maybe a better option to fix it myself the one that I have and to order another one in taobao (http://donscorpio.taobao.com/?v=1) which seems to be the official seller from DonScorpio (I wanted to ask to DonScorpio if it really was but I have no email adress knowing that the official website is temporarily unavailable (http://www.s-donscorpio.com/)... I don't know I will give news about the price for the repair (including sending the package) and I will see !
Have a nice evening. :wink:

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #60 of 80
Hey everyone 
Penon Audio just answered me, they said I need to send it to China in order to repair it ! I don't know for the moment how much will cost the repair but I'm not sure this is a good affair according to the price for sending it to China and sending it back to France... It's maybe a better option to fix it myself the one that I have and to order another one in taobao (http://donscorpio.taobao.com/?v=1) which seems to be the official seller from DonScorpio (I wanted to ask to DonScorpio if it really was but I have no email adress knowing that the official website is temporarily unavailable (http://www.s-donscorpio.com/)... I don't know I will give news about the price for the repair (including sending the package) and I will see !
Have a nice evening. :wink:
Hi Cryvious, please let us know the cost of sending for repair once you know, just so everybody is aware. But if you fix them yourself, take pics and document how you did it, just in case any of us (God forbid) have the same problem. Thanks mate, I hope it all goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back