Dollars Crashing.
Dec 18, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, we can spend more online now. Cept I already bought the HD25s from phork.

I think I'm going to take a gamble and hold off buying things in case it gets even higher
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #17 of 22
The dollar will (probably) be hyperinflated to oblivion, to be replaced by the Amero. Buy food.

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #18 of 22
Yeah, I have noticed as well.
Just a few days ago I had to pay 7.10 NOK for 1 USD, and now its 6.61 NOK for 1 USD. 6-7% down in just a handful days.

Just keep on dropping and I will soon start importing from the US again!
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #20 of 22
Damned, the exchange rates do drive me crazy.
There's just no reason I can detect.
The financial crisis is first of all an american crisis.
I mean, there are millions of americans that are overly indebted and are loosing their houses.
The result : the value of the US$ did increase.
Please don't try to explain this.
It's just lunacy .....

During the last weeks the public had to realize that the impact on european banks is quite stronger than the layman would expect.
The counterintuitive result: the value of the US$ drops like a stone.

A month ago I've ordered a $1499 HeAudio via Paypal.
I'm not exactly amused by the fact these headphones are no finalized product and I don't like to pay big bucks for being a beta tester.
I'll probably cancel the deal, but my good Euros were converted into crappy dollars.
I guess refund means loosing ~10%.
Meh .......

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A month ago I've ordered a $1499 HeAudio via Paypal.
I'm not exactly amused by the fact these headphones are no finalized product and I don't like to pay big bucks for being a beta tester.
I'll probably cancel the deal, but my good Euros were converted into crappy dollars.
I guess refund means loosing ~10%.
Meh .......

That sucks!
An option are to let the $$$$ reside on your PayPal account, until you find something new interesting to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back