Dolby headphone vs DTS Surround Sensation?
Jul 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
What's the difference?

Dolby own the rights to Dolby Headphone, which i guess work with Dolby audio tracks.
DTS Own the rights to DTS Surround Sensation, which I guess works with DTS audio tracks.
I believe DTS is more popular in Europe.
I think Dolby is more widely used in the World
Which is better, not sure.

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I know Dolby Headphone but I only heard  two tracks with DTS surround sensation on you tube so far and I can't tell which one is better.

Dolby Headphone works with every audio source from 2.0 up to 7.1. It simulates a 2.0 to 5.1 or 7.1 system  in three different room environments. I think dts surround sensation works similar but I don't know any sound card that provides the dts feature.  

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I know Dolby Headphone but I only heard  two tracks with DTS surround sensation on you tube so far and I can't tell which one is better.

Dolby Headphone works with every audio source from 2.0 up to 7.1. It simulates a 2.0 to 5.1 or 7.1 system  in three different room environments. I think dts surround sensation works similar but I don't know any sound card that provides the dts feature.  

Asus Xonar DS & DSG come with DTS.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Are you sure that the  the xonar ds audio card supports dts surround sensation  ? It isn't listed in  the specifications.

I know the Xonar DS & DSX come with DTS, not sure on DTS Surround Sensation.

Edit, checked around nothing is said about Xonar DS(X) supporting DTS surround Sensation, so I'm guess the DS(X) does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back