Dolby headphone amplifier ??
Jan 12, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 7
http://bluetin.com/product_info.html?currency=USD&victor-jvc-su-dh1-surround-sound-portable-headphone-amplifier_html=&products_id=286&osCsid=c34e982c5ebea64969034d090aceed5c

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Are there any headphone amplifiers that support dolby headphone? I've been googling for hours and it's hard to sift through the chaff

(The Victor isn't really an amp, more like a pre-amp), also any receivers you recommend with Dolby Headphone? My Onkyo HT-S5200 doesn't have it :frowning2:

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Are there any headphone amplifiers that support dolby headphone? I've been googling for hours and it's hard to sift through the chaff

(The Victor isn't really an amp, more like a pre-amp), also any receivers you recommend with Dolby Headphone? My Onkyo HT-S5200 doesn't have it :frowning2:

The Victor and the MixAmp are the only two I could find.    The MixAmp uses a newer version of the Dolby chip found in the Victor.    Benefits:  Uses less power and has Dolby PLIIx (7.1).    Negatives:  Only decodes Dolby, where the Victor does DTS also.   Also, the Victor has 3 different Dolby headphone settings, where the MixAmp only has one.   However, the one setting the MixAmp has is supposedly the only Dolby headphone setting that is any good.   Take that for what it's worth.

On top of all that, the MixAmp has a decent amp, and it can (as it's main purpose in life)  integrate any set of headphones and a mic into a gaming system.

I've been using a MixAmp and a set of ATH-AD900 headphones for a few weeks now, and I LOVE the Dolby Headphone.    Also, the MixAmp is a nice looking, quality peice of kit that just works.    For $150, it's a good deal.

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 7
Tritton AX720, Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS, Turtle Beach X41, Turtle Beach PX5. All Dolby Headphone decoder boxes/amps I know aside from the SU-DH1 and Mixamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back