Dog-fi
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #601 of 922
E956E7DA-BFFB-4D81-A42A-86DCE0B2F24B.jpeg
7FA672F5-9E24-4B54-B861-55D9DD2E79EC.jpeg

Lucky some restaurants like dogs at the table.

Aug 31, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #603 of 922
0614181433.jpg

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #604 of 922
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #608 of 922
How did I miss this thread ?

My best buddy *Ace*, Acey Boo, Boo Boo and finally “Boob’s”, he sadly left us 4 weeks ago.

He survived with an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure for 4 years. He never once complained and, until he took a stroke 5 weeks ago, he was doing excellent for the disease that he had.

At the beginning of August, one morning he woke up and he just wasn’t himself. So we took him to the vets and they did an ultrasound of his chest, as they could not xray him for fear the anasthetic would kill him because of his heart.

Once she saw the monitor, she shook her head and told us that it was now only a matter of minutes, hours, days or possibly a couple of weeks.

He lasted right up until sunday the 25th of november. Two weeks earlier he took a stroke and by all accounts he was recovering and had regained control of his front right leg. After making good progress from his stroke, he suddenly stopped eating, drinking and kept spitting out his heart medications.

He was telling us that he had had enough and, that he didn’t want to carry on. It was heart breaking to see him like that, we felt so helpless.

With broken hearts and tears in our eyes, we decided it was now time to do what we really didn’t think we would have to do, and we took him on his last journey.

11:20 am, sunday the 25th of november is when he left us. However hard it is to accept, he is now in a much better place and is no longer suffering.

On that day, the emergency vet on call was his usual vet, which was fortunate, as he was always at ease with her and, he would get and give her a kiss and generally be playful with/around her. She was also in tears but, I’m glad it was her,

Meet Boob’s Head-Fi

This is Boob’s a few weeks after his birth, he needed an emergency operation when he was born and you can see the operation lump next to his junk. He also suffered from extreme allergies and the odd’s were against him from day 1, he was on steroids for his entire life.

8B513368-FBCD-4BAA-84FD-628C78440C34.png

This is Boob’s aged 6

D932CB3A-BFFD-42D9-A1F5-5D738ECA2C74.png

586681C0-6421-4309-8A70-BF610ABEECE0.png

4F40B372-0BF2-4A2A-B732-F4ED58FF7E66.png

This is Boob’s aged 11 and this photo was taken mere months ago.

4528F020-6322-4020-8146-10977E92431C.jpeg

This is the box the vets put him in for us to take him home,

DE2244BE-98FA-4ACD-BB61-8328BF92DF55.jpeg

Lastly we had him cremated, we have his ashes and they are next to a photo of him.

B4202736-8471-4FCD-83B0-6B0ADE925831.jpeg

He was my first dog as I was always a cat lover, but my very first experience of owning a dog was so great that I didn’t know his loss would make me feel so sad.

He was more than just a dog, he was a member of the family, my entire family, they all miss him, mum, sister, brothers, inlaws and the kids. The house has changed since he is no longer here, it’s deathly quiet and feels weird.

He would also follow us around wherever we went in the house. Because he did that, it made the house seem much livelier as he was always there when we would turn around.

After the newyear we are going to get another dog, probably another Chihuahua but who knows ?

When he was a puppy he had a black face, it wasn’t until after his death when we were looking at photos of him, did we then realise that his face had more or less turned white, and yet nobody noticed it :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #609 of 922
As one stranger to another, I feel your pain man, I'm at dog number 8 at this stage of my life, it's always hard to say goodbye but I also realize that if my first dog was still here, I would have missed out on the other 6 and my current one..

All the best mate.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #611 of 922
Sorry for your loss.

I have lost nine dogs that have touched my life. My dog Meisje is thirteen. We dog lovers, and pet lovers in general, must rationalize a dilemma. We must balance a difficult equation. For us to experience and accept the joyous, genuine, selfless love and companionship of our pets, our friends, we must also accept the pain that comes from their painfully short lives. This rationalization and balancing is difficult to say the least. I'm sure that the readers of this thread know, and most accept the conditions, of that contract. That bargain is so easy to make in the beginning, but so hard to accept at the end. It doesn't make the pain less, and may temporarily make the mourning more intense, but it helps to focus on what our precious companions have given us during their lives...

I recommend to every friend that they take the time to read this short book after a cherished pet passes away. Those that have, have thanked me, and all passed that advice along to their friends...all the best!
https://smile.amazon.com/Last-Will-...4032&sr=8-1&keywords=A+Very+Distinguished+Dog

A DOG'S PRAYER ~
Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements, and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

by Beth Harris

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #613 of 922
So sorry for the loss of your dog. Its one of the hardest things to go thru in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back