Dog-fi
Jul 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #301 of 922

Quote:
Speaking of Dogs, I just saw a Nova program called 'Dogs Decoded'.  Superb.  Who would have thought Dogs have greater cognitive skills than Chimpanzees!  No wonder the Soviets sent a dog into space first while we used a Chimp.  

Yeah, the Soviets never had much of a good track record with dogs... Sending them into space in non-pressurized capsules... Strapping bombs to them and sending them to look for food under German tanks... That last one is hilarious in the most tragic way possible as they trained them with soviet tanks. Dogs, being more intelligent than the Russians gave them credit, saw the German tanks and then saw the Soviet tanks and thought, "I don't recognize those ones but those look like the ones that always have food under them."

Every dog they actually tried to use in battle they had to shoot. That's the tragic part. The funny part is the people who came up with the idea were idiots.

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #302 of 922

Quote:
The funny part is the people who came up with the idea were idiots.

Funny but sad.  I might even go so far as to say they treated their people in similar fashion.  Not everyone puts the same weight on the value of life that's for sure.

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #303 of 922
Unfortunately most of us are chattel in the grand scheme of things, along with our animal "friends". The good news is that we all die in the end, no man or beast can escape that so live every day like it could be your last.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #306 of 922

New guard dog for my audio gear :)
10 month old English Mastiff, He's a little scrawny right now at 98 lbs though.

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #307 of 922

Quote:

New guard dog for my audio gear :)
10 month old English Mastiff, He's a little scrawny right now at 98 lbs though.

Cute, I love Mastiff's expressions!

Had her for a few months now, but just started posting here at Head-Fi, so here we go.  Eos is a four month old Bernese Mountain Dog.  I was snapping some pictures of my latest pen and she was trying to chew up the carpet:

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #308 of 922
Our desert mutt as a puppy. Her mom had a litter of 7, and they were found in a really run down area of Dubai. The pups were only 3 days old. Can't find any adult photos, she's 3 years old now.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #309 of 922

My Bull Terrier as a puppy. For some reason he loved sleeping in the washing machine.

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #314 of 922

Baylee at 14months playing with a Chihuahua

If you switch to SOURCE mode you can use IMG tags to link to photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back