Dog Ate My HeadPhones...Literally
Jul 17, 2008 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

jt4266

New Head-Fier
Well my sisters dog to be exact

Ok so I am looking for an IEM replacement under 100$. Driving them with no amp - just the old Iriver H120 or soon to be Sansa Fuze(probably)

Needs good isolation for NYC subway
I like behind the ears for working out/running

I have previously had Shure E2C's and thought they were just fine and after the dog ate those I tried the ER6i which were the latest phones to fall victim after my oakley sunglasses. The Er6i sounded good but didn't really work behind the ears and the microphonics(or whatever) with the cord movement sucked.

Should I go back to the E2C? SE110?

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 24
Well if it helps people with suggestions or advice maybe I can add that I listen to alot of Howard Stern on the subways. I do listen to a fair amount of music ranging from rock to hip hop to techno. So I need something that can do it all and do it fairly well. I don't need anything with extreme bass.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 24
IDK what's with dogs and headphones? I see two other threads in the related post section down there ||
V

Plus I've seen reviews on other sites about this. Seems dogs think IEMs are doggy treats.

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put him down,

Ouch
eek.gif
, that's a bit harsh!

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #10 of 24
Lol, man that sucks! Exactly why my Etys never leave their zipper pouch. Damn cats think they are dangly-toys.

If you liked the Shures and you're on a budget, go back to them. Or, if you're not picky, and think this may happen again, go with something cheaper, like Sony earbuds - decent isolation and easily replaced at Best Buy or the like. Not the best SQ, but you could get four pairs for that kind of cash.

:waves at Nick: Hi Nick!

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #11 of 24
:waves hi at the monkey: Hi Golden Monkey!!

That makes sense with cats-they prob. think it's one of those dangly mouse on a rope things.
biggrin.gif

If you're getting "good" phones again, definatel keep them put away to avoid tragedies. Or get a lower end model-won't be as painful if it gets trashed.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #12 of 24
Hijack any threads lately? Arrrgh!

PirateDog.jpg

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hijack any threads lately? Arrrgh!

PirateDog.jpg

It's been awhile. Not since the "Do you have Questions about headphones?" / "Any questions about heaphones not answered in the question about headphones thread" days.

Although I see Peter Pinna is still around on the regular cans page. Somebody was accusing him of being a corporate person b/c he has lots of info about Ultrasone in his sig.

And sweet pic!!
biggrin.gif
Pirate dog!!
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #14 of 24
I hate pirate dogs!

Well the Shure's were fine and all. I know the consensus is that the lower end Shure's weren't worth the money and I would be interested in alternatives

Jul 18, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 24
For $99, you might want to check out the d-Jays: Jays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back