Dog Ate My HeadPhones...Literally
Jul 18, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 24
If you don't need something with a ton of bass get the Head-Direct RE2. Best SQ for the $ plus comes with sweet case so they wont get eaten again (they are also decent isolation and pretty good looking)

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #18 of 24
About the RE2 and D-Jays....

Does the cord go behind the ear?
Since they have straight audio connectors could the get damaged if they are in my pocket with an MP3 Player?

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #19 of 24
One night, I forgot to pack my ER-4P in their little neoprene zip case. When I woke the next morning, walked in the front room to feed my cats, I noticed my IEMs were not where I left them on my desk.

My kitten Sophie had pilfered them and taken them halfway across the room, having dragged them under my couch. Fortunately she found chewing on the foams to be more enjoyable than chewing through the cable, so I just put a new pair of olives on and it was all good. They were getting old anyway.

All I did to the kitten was give her the evil eye--she had undoubtedly done the deed hours before, and only immediate punishment has any positive effect on animal behavior.

She also has the habit of sleeping curled up between the earcups and wing-supports of my AD700s. It's incredibly cute, though the earpads of the AD700s have acquired a soft grey down as a result.

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 24
I feel with you!
This has happened to numerous Head-Fi'ers in the past. Sad, but guess its mostly your own fault for not protecting you gear more...
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #21 of 24
*Builds a sandbag wall, hides behind it, peeks over the top with a bullhorn and yells to you from a good distance*

Try SkullCandy Smokin Buds Ink'd, only $8.99 on clearance at FYE, if youre not picky. Theyre not bad at all, and theyre cheap, so if they get wrecked, so what.
Buy a few as spares at that price. I actually like mine, and have a few pairs as knock arounds for on the boat,with my knock around Sansa M240.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Builds a sandbag wall, hides behind it, peeks over the top with a bullhorn and yells to you from a good distance*

Try SkullCandy Smokin Buds Ink'd, only $8.99 on clearance at FYE, if youre not picky. Theyre not bad at all, and theyre cheap, so if they get wrecked, so what.
Buy a few as spares at that price. I actually like mine, and have a few pairs as knock arounds for on the boat,with my knock around Sansa M240.

X2 on the Skullcandy. They often take a beating on this site, but for $8.99(damn, they just keep getting cheaper and cheaper
smily_headphones1.gif
) they cannot be beaten. I love mine. The ear sleeves isolate very well for the price and sound isn't too bad.

Especially if they're going to be used as "beat up" headphones, they're not bad. And they even come with a warranty!

Jul 22, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #23 of 24
You said you wanted $100 dollar IEMs not 8.99. Dont get the skullcandys my brother had them and I was really not impressed with them - I guess they are the best you can get for 9 bucks but who wants to spend $9 on earphones. As for the RE2s, no they arent behind ear. I just got mine in the mail and they are pretty freakin sweet - for 100 bucks that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back